Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony

Will I need to ring them to make the alteration or just leave it?

Ring them is best Steve. We have the three pitches on the end secured anyway. It's best if you let them know 31 is now free.   

Is it just me or is this the worlds hardest campsite to contact, no one ever picks up the phone.

Early to mid morning is usually successful I've found. Late afternoon and evenings have been less successful whenever I've tried in the past.

I rang them this evening as it looks as if pitch 2 might be still available.and just got an answerphone. I left a message telling them what I wanted but will ring back in the morning. I'm not exactly local but I am a valley boy so it will be a coming home event. Unfortunately my son in law who is coming with me can't get away Thursday so we'll be coming on Friday and Saturday nights. As a beginner I'm looking forward to learning a lot and crossing everything for clear skies.

John

Hi John, you are more than welcome to join us. We look forward to meeting you.

Yes pitch 2 is the only one left and it's a hard standing. Of course there are other pitches available, but they have not been allocated to us.

I'm not sure about arrangements for pitching a tent on the adjacent grass. You could ask.

Hi John, you are more than welcome to join us. We look forward to meeting you.

Yes pitch 2 is the only one left and it's a hard standing. Of course there are other pitches available, but they have not been allocated to us.

I'm not sure about arrangements for pitching a tent on the adjacent grass. You could ask.

Hi

Just phoned the caravan park and he said pitch 2 was taken as were a few others so checking the map I booked 32. Is that pitch okay? My son in law has a Mazda Bongo so the pitch 2 hard standing would have been okay but apparently it's gone. The guy at the camp said that 32 may be a bit soft if we get a lot of rain so we may have to move. We'll have to wait and see.

We'll arrive sometime on Friday and look forward to meeting you all.

John

IIRC pitches 14 & 15 are hard standings. There were motor homes and caravans on them during the summer.

They would be a better alternative to 32 with clearer views of the skies. Check with the wardens. HTH

Just to tidy things up a bit as there's been some shuffling around this last few days :

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch 4 - thu to sun
Reddoss - pitch 7 - thu to sun
AstroJOE - pitch 9 - fri to sun
KevUU - pitch 10 - wed to sun
estwing - pitch 3 - fri to sun
mdstuart - pitch 27 - fri to sun
MickD - pitch 8 - sat to sun
Daniel-K - pitch 28 - thu to sun
swamp thing - pitch 26 - fri to sun
Matthew - pitch 1 - thu to sun
Tieflyer - pitch 32 - fri to sun
pitch 2 - not available

Lenny, any chance of posting up a new map? :grin:

how busy is that B ROAD?

Not that busy and it's well sheltered by trees and bushes. There's no light pollution if that's what you're worried about. The skies are nice and dark and if it's clear we'll be in for a real treat.

James

Archived