Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

It was a great party. Thanks to Mr F for organising it.

Had a great time with my son, enjoyed looking through John splendid 8 inch scope. Astro Js 11 inch and used my own 130P scope to see loads of stuff.

Stunning skies, great company...

Oh and split omicron Cygnus with the naked eye.

Mark

Many thanks to you Mark for showing us so many fantastic objects in that great dark sky on Friday night. Myself and my son-in-law Fraser really had a great time. Being new to this game I'd never have found half of them myself so it was good of you to give so much time to help us out. My best night to date by far.

Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming and I'll definitely be back for more especially if there's bread pudding going round. My first star party and reading all the positive comments I obviously picked a good one. Many thanks to Dave and Tony for organising such a fantastic event.

John

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for those kind words Mike about missing the party.

Can honestly say I did not once think about you lot up there enjoying yourselfs :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: .

Been reading the threads on here and amazed how many came from outside Wales.

Big thanks for organising SGL3 Mr F. Another job well done.

BTW, been promoted am now the Assitant Deputy vice chairman of Pontywaun Astronmy club. Which is a bit annoying as there is only one member :grin:  :grin: :grin: 

Pat 

..........  BTW, been promoted am now the Assitant Deputy vice chairman of Pontywaun Astronmy club. Which is a bit annoying as there is only one member :grin:  :grin: :grin: 

Pat 

Did you get a Badge with your promotion Pat ?   

I never got a badge.   :sad:

Archived