Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey that was quick.

I have tinned curries and whisky packed, I hope that is acceptable ;)

I like to eat well when the weather is cold, and usually have beef, pork or chicken with potatoes for an evening meal.

Last night it was two packets of plain, and one of pork scratchings.

While we are on the subject of food, we need to collate ideas regarding the BBQ.

My idea would be to go for the traditional burgers, sausages, chicken combo with baps/rolls. A few tubs of coleslaw, potato  salad, you know the stuff.

We could all put in £5 to cover cost of the bbq fuel and the food. A couple of us could  get the provisions on Friday or Saturday morning.  

If you wanted something special in addition, a 32oz Rib Eye steak or half a salmon to be thrown on the bbq, I sure something could be arranged.

Morrisons in Brecon is only 10min drive and most of the food could be got from there. I'm not familiar with any local cash & carry, perhaps the owners could help out with that.

Alternative, there is the Hog Roast. That may be financially out of our reach for a small group such as ours.          

The most important bit of kit for a nice weekend , have enough for every one !!

they just about keep Tony's   SNORING at bay , cant guarantee that it's enough if you are in the next pitch too him !!!!!!! ( best of luck to you ) :tongue:  :tongue:

Lenny

post-12685-0-05073600-1412535137.jpg

post-12685-0-93574000-1412535160.jpg

they just about keep Tony's   SNORING at bay , cant guarantee that it's enough if you are in the next pitch too him !!!!!!! ( best of luck to you ) :tongue:  :tongue:

Lenny

ive got plenty of them from work!

Iv got proper disco ones that drown out the deep bases and leave normal speech fine :p.

There is a bookers in merthyr Tydfil that isn't "that" far away and I'd imagine there's one near Brecon / Builth wells cos of the show grounds they have. Usual BBQ food be done for me. Do we have any vegetarians going in the group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

Hi,

I've taken up stargazing and imaging very recently (August), done my research and spent a small fortune on decent gear which will hopefully serve me well for at least a few years:

S/W ed100pro refractor, Celestron AVX mount, Orion short 80mm scope/Starshoot Autoguider (PHD2) and Canon 700D, as well as other bits and pieces.

Have taken one or two half decent images, stacked in DSS and stretched in Photoshop, in the rare clear nights we've had here in Somerset and am rabid to learn more.

Have booked to come along to the party, Thurs to Sun in my caravan, to hopefully learn from the more experienced people there as well as have a good time socially.

I know about the importance of red torchlight etc, and hope I don't accidentally fall foul of star party etiquette. I'm sure someone will let me know if I do. Any tips beforehand would be welcome.

Anyway, this is to let the forum know who I am and that I'll be there.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Steve

Hi Steve

Where in  Somerset are you? I'm coming from Taunton and I'm new to astronomy too.  Look forward to seeing you there.

John

While we are on the subject of food, we need to collate ideas regarding the BBQ.

My idea would be to go for the traditional burgers, sausages, chicken combo with baps/rolls. A few tubs of coleslaw, potato  salad, you know the stuff.

We could all put in £5 to cover cost of the bbq fuel and the food. A couple of us could  get the provisions on Friday or Saturday morning.  

If you wanted something special in addition, a 32oz Rib Eye steak or half a salmon to be thrown on the bbq, I sure something could be arranged.

Morrisons in Brecon is only 10min drive and most of the food could be got from there. I'm not familiar with any local cash & carry, perhaps the owners could help out with that.

Alternative, there is the Hog Roast. That may be financially out of our reach for a small group such as ours.          

I'd be happy to put in a fiver or whatever the final cost would come to Tony rather than bring food down with me if that's ok.

Sorry, I should have replied to this quicker really. Yes, burgers etc sounds great to me and I'll happily chip in £5 or whatever. Thanks for thinking of this and helping get things organised :)

Hi all

My name is Bob love

I have booked the site for the star party, it will be my 1st time at this site and only 2nd star party,

See you there I think I am on pitch 15, and will be there on the 22nd.

Clear sky's

Bob Love

Lenny

Nah just use booze as a sedative. Wouldn't hear Concorde landing on the campsite after a few shots of vodka

Archived