SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

South Wales Star Party October 2014

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

My name is Bob love

I have booked the site for the star party, it will be my 1st time at this site and only 2nd star party,

See you there I think I am on pitch 15, and will be there on the 22nd.

Clear sky's

Bob Love

Hi Bob, and welcome.   :smiley:

Hi all

My name is Bob love

I have booked the site for the star party, it will be my 1st time at this site and only 2nd star party,

See you there I think I am on pitch 15, and will be there on the 22nd.

Clear sky's

Bob Love

I think they need to sort the bookings on that site - I tried to book 15 weeks ago and they told me it was already booked. Ah well - never mind!

As I understand, only the area known as "The Oaks" was set aside as a "designated" star party area. There are other pitches adjacent to this area. A call to the site should confirm weather or not any near by pitches are available.

Mike the Oaks extend out into the middle of the site and is the main EH field. The area designated to us is the area nearest the road, which has the best views of the skies.

There are other areas of the Oaks are on the other side of the small ditch and the side, 35 pitches total I think. This is the reason it was imperative when booking to say that you were with the astronomy group.

Hi guys,

I now have to go to London that weekend  :sad:  :sad:  (something I can't get out of on the Saturday night), but we're going to go on Saturday so that I can at least pop up on Friday night.....with lots of cake of course  :grin:   

Helen

Just checked the fluids in the car & topped up the gearbox although it didn't really need hardly any so I just stink of gear oil uuurgh!!! scope, mount & astro gear packed just need to fill the rest of the car with beer & food hitch up & go!!!!

Archived