Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Russe

Imaging with the 130pds

1 hour ago, alacant said:

Thanks for looking and any processing tips for this one most gratefully received.

How about putting a slight lift on the bottom end of the red channel's tone curve?

image.thumb.png.0a6463f0935dee6e52db535ed33ad3a3.png

• Thanks 1

Pleiades 2018, 25x180 subs with the SW130PDS and the QHY168C. Processed with Pix.

M45_DBE_BE_PMCC_SCNR_mltdenoise_Deconv_ht_tgv_mlt_curves_crop_resamp50.jpg

• Like 7

Another one captured earlier last month, the NGC7789 Caroline's Rose - 1hr30min of 1min subs combined, 130pds with LP filter on NEQ6Pro, no darks/flats/magics.  bit of coma but I am not too fuzzy on coma

stretched in adobe lightroom as my trial license on PixInsight just ran out :D

IMG_0107.JPG

Edited by lnlarxg
  • Like 6

First attempt over M33, this object has been the one with the longest exposure I have done up to date around 2 hours. I still need to perform a wavelets pass so it is a preview.

M33_DBE_BE_PMCC_SCNR_mltdenoise_deconv_ht_tgvfondo_hdr_lhe_curves_et_crop_50.jpg

• Like 5

I guess I ought to update the 130PDS fanboys enthusiasts about why I haven't been around for a while on this thread, the EQ5 autoguiding kicked the bucket so I'm mid way into the painful process of selling stuff to buy a second hand HEQ5. Hopefully I will be back by Christmas spamming out more sub average shots! :D 

This is my latest and most embarrasing result, NGC 7331 and Stephans Quintet. Plagued by massive Dec bounces so only 40 mins went into this. Consider it a preview for next year. ;) However, it did help me solve some big collimation issues, so coma shouldn't be too much trouble when I'm back into imaging.

DeerLick3Processed.thumb.jpg.e4d54589c51b3b4755f8f9e64d51c855.jpg

John

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JohnSadlerAstro said:

embarrasing result, NGC 7331 and Stephans Quintet

It's fine. A good start and there's loadsa time left still this year:)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, PaulM said:

Which mounts are being used with the 130P

Is the EQ3 PRO mount sufficient for AP\imaging which is the mount FLO sell it with : https://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-150p-eq3-2.html

It looks like a lot is people posting images here are using EQ5\HEQ5 or higher mounts?

Your observations are totally correct...
HEQ5 is considered as the Minimal requirement, due to Scope and Imaging set up weight and guiding capabilities...

(130PDS 4kg, plus imaging cam, plus guiding scope, plus guiding cam, plus cables and you are above 5kg). 

P.S.

There is a difference between 130P and 130PDS, be careful.

Edited by RolandKol

1 minute ago, RolandKol said:

Your observations are totally correct...
HEQ5 is considered as the Minimal requirement, due to Scope and Imaging set up weight and guiding capabilities...

(130PDS 4kg, plus imaging cam, plus guiding scope, plus guiding cam, plus cables and you are above 5kg). 

thanks for confirming 

• Like 1

You can use it with an EQ3, I did for quite along time, but in the end got an HEQ5. The HEQ5 is a step up, but the EQ3 is a lot better than it's given credit for.

• Like 1

Just a quick stretch to check what's inside....

(12x300s HSO with Baader 7nm and ASI1600MM-Pro)

Clouds interrupted the session, - looks promising :)

Work in progress :)

823723929_ElephantN-2018_10_22.thumb.jpg.3f30f9501cd12ba43ded84ccc44a2535.jpg

• Like 6

@RolandKol Nice round stars. What type of corrector are you using. I have constantly had tilt and distance issues using the baader mk111.

30 minutes ago, spillage said:

@RolandKol Nice round stars. What type of corrector are you using. I have constantly had tilt and distance issues using the baader mk111.

It is Skywatcher's one, which works as a 0.9 reducer...  And due to that, I was made to "circumcise" by 1cm my focuser's drawtube, -  it protruded too deep into the scope and casted nasty shadow on the primary mirror, which caused brighter starst to look like letter D.

P.S. 1 cm is probably not enough... I still do not like brighter stars on other images.

P.P.S.

Thanks!

Edited by RolandKol

made the most of the clear skies shooting from Northumberland I took on the elephant trunk nebula ic1396 
shot with a heq5 skywatcher 130 pds 9x50 guide scope  25x 5min lights 10x5min darks bias and flats

IMG_20181007_113737_114.jpg

• Like 5

I have recently discovered that my SW130PDS showed "weird" stars at the corners, the stars looked like pinched X shape stars, so after asking some friends they told me It could be that the clips which hold the mirror very tight thus creating astigmatism and stress on the mirror. The trick here is to leave an space of a sheet of paper equivalent thickness between the mirror and the clips.

I say this because I have seen the same effect in some of the pictures in this thread.

Best Regards.

Mario.

• Like 1

My last session result... (Still work in progress)
SHO from Woolwich, London [22/27-10-2018] 33x300s each filter.
ASI1600MM-Pro + 130PDS

Elephants_Trunk_N

Edited by RolandKol
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looking at your work @Uranium235 I am seriously thinking on purchasing next year the new QHY550M, with a 3.5 micron pixel and a 2/3 sensor it would be a wonderfull add to catch planetaries nebulae and individual galaxies.

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Susaron said:

Looking at your work @Uranium235 I am seriously thinking on purchasing next year the new QHY550M, with a 3.5 micron pixel and a 2/3 sensor it would be a wonderfull add to catch planetaries nebulae and individual galaxies.

Cheers. 

I just need to clarify that this image was taken with a QSI 683 CCD, and 5nm Astrodon filters (both kindly lent to me by davey-t). 

The 178MM is still attached to the samyang lens and I didn't want to disturb that setup :) 

Though a 3.5 micron pixel size might come in very handy for bagging the details of galaxies on the 130pds without going past the theoretical resolving limit of the telescope.

Just a quick update, I'll process it properly with a bit more dynamic range (and with HST colour) hopfully tonight or tomorrow:

Ha_L_mos.thumb.jpg.dda64f72bebe359414be3b79034a8016.jpg

• Like 4

My second and new target for a while...

Started it yesterday, but clouds came and stopped above me.... fell a sleep while waiting...

SHO only 6x300s each :) 
( I will deal with amp glow later, - just checking if the target is worth to continue :) I think it does )

North_America_N

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

I just need to clarify that this image was taken with a QSI 683 CCD, and 5nm Astrodon filters (both kindly lent to me by davey-t). 

The 178MM is still attached to the samyang lens and I didn't want to disturb that setup :) 

Though a 3.5 micron pixel size might come in very handy for bagging the details of galaxies on the 130pds without going past the theoretical resolving limit of the telescope.

Ah that makes more sense was thinking that was the 178mm and that the detail was amazing considering how over sampled you are for narrow band.

Edited by Adam J