Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Leeds

Ikonnikov

Greetings all. I’ve been somewhat of a lurker on this site for a while, vacuuming up all sorts of useful information, so thought I should finally introduce myself!

Having had a longstanding interest in astronomy/cosmology I finally bought my first telescope, a Nexstar 5SE, about a year ago soon after a long and somewhat beer-fuelled conversation with a colleague who was evangelical about the joys of amateur astronomy :grin:

At first I was just interested in visual, hunting down some messier objects and solar system observing but soon wanted to ‘go deeper’ and record some images so purchased a budget CCD camera.

To cut a long story short my interest rapidly blossomed  over the next six months and I am now primarily using a C8 with hyperstar lens (bought from Jon aka Ford Prefect, thanks these have been excellent purchases!) on an HEQ5 with an Atik 428EX OSC and QHY5/finderguider.

I’ve been getting on quite well with this kit concentrating mostly on DSO imaging (with a bit of planetary imaging and also visual now and then), and am keen to improve my skills and sooner or later hardware no doubt, and hope to seek advice and post some images on the forums here soon.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul and a very warm welcome to SGL. Great to see you have developed your AP so quickly and you have some very good kit there.

Hope to see some of your work shortly. In the meantime, Happy Stargazing and enjoy your Astro Journey.

Archived