Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

K9 ??

steppenwolf

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K9 was terrible when it was on Dr Who all those years ago, why oh why re introduce it again, bet that poor American lassie, was thinking 'what a load of sado's those brits are'.  The voice was no where near the original K9 either and that just made it all the more cringe worthy :embarrassed:

Yes, the show was quite good, but the K9 bit is just insulting. Not the questions - I had no idea about the ISS golf thing - but the presentation using that utter ridiculous, embarrassing, pathetic representation of a robot.

What on earth are you talking about?

Ant

Ant,

It was regarding the half hour talk show after Stargazing Live (Back To Earth), where Mr Cox and other luminaries discuss space stuff in detail. K9 was used for a quiz question and it was unbearably embarrassing for me after I had ran upstairs to tell my other half how great the Stargazing Live was and to "come and watch the Back To Earth program!".

"You got me downstairs to watch a dubious looking robot dog floating around in space talking gibberish?!" came the retort....

Yes, the show was quite good, but the K9 bit is just insulting. Not the questions - I had no idea about the ISS golf thing - but the presentation using that utter ridiculous, embarrassing, pathetic representation of a robot.

Quite agree.  I enjoyed both shows for the most part (though I could live without the tenuously connected cocktails and planet chocolates too) but the K9 question thing is just utter pants.  The concept is bad enough, but the effects are so bad and the voice so poor that it just left me cringing...

Now if they used Zen or Orac from Blake's 7...

Archived