SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The 30 Minute Challenge

Stevie P

Here's my weak attempt at C4. I originally took 10 subs at 190 seconds but stacked 9 to keep it under the 30 minute mark.

9x190 800iso unguided. 5 darks. No flats or bias

Unmodded Canon 1100D

Captured with BYEOS. Stacked in DSS and "played" with in Gimp

I say "played" because I have no clue what I am doing yet lol.

C4IrisNebula.jpg

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this .. Great images from everybody else. Really inspiring. I don't have a telescope I can image through yet but I've just bought a canon 1100d so here's my first stab at DSO . Here's Vega and the double double. A stack of 50 1.6 second exposures at iso 800

umajated.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm almost too embarrassed to post this .. Great images from everybody else. Really inspiring. I don't have a telescope I can image through yet but I've just bought a canon 1100d so here's my first stab at DSO . Here's Vega and the double double. A stack of 50 1.6 second exposures at iso 800

umajated.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Paul,

I think your image is suffering badly from jpeg data compression- there's only 4Kb worth of data left! If you look at the properties of some of the other similar sized images posted in this thread some are well into the 100's of Kb.

Can I suggest you re-post the image without so much compression? Hopefully there will be more detail then.

Apologies .. I posted using a mobile app.

final.jpg

That would certainly not help the image quality. Even my photo hosting site seems to apply it's own 'compression'. It's annoying after you have spent many hours working on a single image to have it robbed of detail!  

Imaging time has been rare here due to so much cloud.

Seeing Vega and the Double Double mentioned above, I already had done the Double Double in short breaks in the cloud.

Here is a 1sec image at ISO 6400.....EP projection with a Baader Hyperion Zoom set to 8mm, other kit as in my sig.

episilonlyri.jpg

Finally, clear skies

M13 Hercules Globular Cluster
Mount: Sky-Watcher NEQ6 PRO
Camera: Nikon D7000
Lens: Sky-Watcher 130PDS
ISO 1600
Light: 3X180s + 3X60s, Dark: 3X180s + 3X60s, Bias: 3

a quick reprocess of some old data, just 4 out of 12 light frames since the rest were irretrievably streaked, 4x180s iso400, equipment as per sig, DSLR through 2x barlow 

i don't remember there being this many stars last time I looked at it...

post-30803-0-08765000-1401544760_thumb.j

6 x 240 sec subs guided

200 pds

eos 1100d + baader uhc filter

az eq6 gt

can't wait for the dark nights to come.never seems to get dark in the northeast uk at this time of year.

NGC 6888

post-12098-0-40952200-1402342953_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok heres one from me - its a single 10 minute sub of the Wizard Nebula (NGC 7830) in Ha.  Taken last night when waiting for the clouds to clear.  Pesky forecast - they never did clear and things got worse and worse so I packed in.  I was getting very good readings from the focusing so its a real shame.

Anyway Here it  is

John

post-12165-0-75250300-1407445908_thumb.p

Archived