Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, spotted the ISS pass, it was quite low over my neighbours houses. Afterwards, set up the imaging stuff outside & managed to get most things working on the new shed PC. Packed up now since a bit of cloud & spending some time with the wife.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Just a short note to flag up Sky at Night on the box next Wednesday http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06t3wst on the Christmas Star . Best wishes to you all down the valley in Wakey.

Thank you for that - I've set my tv box to record it.

Also, a reminder that the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures start on Monday 28th at 8.00pm on BBC4.

Unfortunately, I was driving home at 5.18pm so I missed Santa crossing the sky this evening.

If it's clear tomorrow I'll point the ISS out to my niece as she loves it when she comes to see me and I let her look through my scope or binoculars - she's only 3, but enjoys me telling her all about what's in the sky!

My mate surprised me today by telling me she has bought me a year's subscription to S@N magazine, and I should be getting a couple of free books through the post as part of a promotional offer too! Apparently, it starts with February's issue, so I need to pop and get January's issue next time I'm at the shops - bless her, she's a good mate - I'm one lucky girl :)

It still doesn't feel like a Christmas Eve - hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

As many have already said. Cheers to all committee and members of our society and those who pop in every now and again to our massive thread, all my astro buddies! Those who make our society what it is. You are all very much appreciated and loved!

Have an amazing Christmas and here's hoping for a better year for astronomy in 2016!

PS Ophelia loved seeing Santa's sleigh gliding across the evening sky earlier. Think the boys knew it was the ISS but we all waved at Tim ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Moon is just horrendous! Can't make out M41 but managed M46 and M47

Also the exhalation of piled up corpses cluster!

Damian

Couldn't resist 15 minutes in the back yard with the little 80mm frac - just me, my frac and a rather large glass of Baileys :)

Jupiter is up and looks great despite The Moon shining brightly - Europa and Ganymede appear very close together right now.

Worth a look for anyone still up as the sky is still very clear, and if it wasn't for the moon it would seem to be good viewing conditions, which is just about typical.

Santa will be here soon, so I daren't stop up too much longer hehe.

Night all and Merry Christmas :)

Thank you for that - I've set my tv box to record it.

Also, a reminder that the Royal Institution Christmas Lectures start on Monday 28th at 8.00pm on BBC4.

Unfortunately, I was driving home at 5.18pm so I missed Santa crossing the sky this evening.

If it's clear tomorrow I'll point the ISS out to my niece as she loves it when she comes to see me and I let her look through my scope or binoculars - she's only 3, but enjoys me telling her all about what's in the sky!

My mate surprised me today by telling me she has bought me a year's subscription to S@N magazine, and I should be getting a couple of free books through the post as part of a promotional offer too! Apparently, it starts with February's issue, so I need to pop and get January's issue next time I'm at the shops - bless her, she's a good mate - I'm one lucky girl :)

It still doesn't feel like a Christmas Eve - hope you all have a lovely Christmas!

I got the same offer when I subscribed the books are really good and worth the subscription on there own. You will enjoy them very much Vicky I'm sure

Mark

Merry Christmas guys! Hope you're having a great day, haven't been on for ages. Broke my phone on a night out a few weeks ago and totally forgot to download the app lol no Astro pressies for me this year [emoji30] got an espresso machine though [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope everyone has had a good day and got everything they wished for.

I have my second Christmas day tomorrow with my two girls and it's my turn to cook!

Christmas dinner at my sis's went well but the brother in law proved yet again that he's not from these parts by offering the stock as something to put on the dinner! Think the recent floods in Cumbria looked similar!

I now have two pics from my sis to put on the wall and start a Vicky style area in my house. The Orion neb and Christmas tree neb

Damian

Has your sister made the pictures with her fused glass, or are they print type pictures? Bet they'll look lovely up on your wall. Bit envious of those.

We've had a lovely Christmas so far. Been at the in-laws with my brother-in-law and his small children. It's nice to have a bit of the magic of Christmas again.

We've had a cut-back Christmas this year with Terry being off work, but it's been fun with the kids having really random presents.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day with friends and family :)

Iv had a very quiet Christmas but lovely all the same just had the in laws round they've gone now and it's just the 2 of us.

Glad you've both had a good day and hope that you enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Sorry for all the cloud you can blame Adele for that one.

Mark

Been a lovley chilled day here today. The kids got up at 8:15, opened all there presents, then we had our crimbo dinner, then watched a bit of telly and had a good play with all the new toys, so a very nice day indeed. Just relaxing with a few beers now as the kids are all tucked into bed. Off to my parents tomorrow for another crimbo lunch :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Mark - I take it Adele has bought you some astro-goodies - hence blaming her for the cloud?

Me and Terry didn't do presents for each other this year with things being how they have been.

However, I've to treat myself to whatever I need for my viewing and/or imaging set-up in the New Year when we get paid next.

Just got back home from the in-laws - had a really relaxing Christmas - just chilling with a nice glass of Baileys and Disaronno, as I was nominated driver today.

Back at their house again tomorrow for the usual Boxing Day Bennett family gathering - I'll be having a few glasses of wine tomorrow as it will be chaos compared to today.

The whole family will be there tomorrow - probably around 40 people - unlike the 11 of us today.

It's a fun day, but l'll be glad to get home tomorrow night lol.

Hope everyone has had an enjoyable Christmas Day :)

Archived