SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I was up at 5 this morning and got my frack out to give the Morpheus a small test and they are really good in the frack. Jupiter looks amazing through them and could not see any distortions of Jupiter or its moons right up to the edges of the lenses. I'm really pleased with them. Turned the scope on the moon after fitting a filter also looks really good nice sharp edges to the craters.

Of course you can have a play Vicky as can any one.

Hope your mums ok Vicky and any one else who has family affected by the floods.

Clouds have rolled in now had a good hour playing thinks it's cuppa tea time

Mark

I too have been up early Mark. Surprised you didn't have a go at finding Catalina! it was looking mighty fuzzy in the bins this morning.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes hope your mum is OK Vicky, and all the others that have had flood scares. its certainly been a very rainy season!

Lets hope Cinnamon lounge escaped! Otherwise well have to book somewhere else for Dr Onions "after speakers" Curry!

I'm on a roll this morning! catching up for lost time ;)

managed to do a quick few images of Catalina with the 250mm stock canon lens this morning, no tracking but 2 sec exposure on 6400 ISO with darks added. Just 5 images stacked as the rest had camera shake!

post-22085-0-03930200-1451200160_thumb.j

Photoshop not working properly this morning so had to printscreen and crop from there... there is always a work around ;)

Fingers crossed that the flooding subsides quickly for the residents down there.

The little bridge down the road over the river dearne has taken a fair battering over the last 24hrs and it still seems to be rising!

The morpheus eye pieces are apparently made light according to the blurb? Would be interesting to see how they compare?

Nice capture of catalina Soupy.

Nice capture Soupy - this morning was my first chance for a lay in as my mum, brother and his family aren't due until around 12 noon.

I'm just doing a light buffet lunch, and only got a few bits to warm through in the oven, so I'm just on with getting things sorted now.

Not heard from my mum, so I presume things aren't too bad down Horbury Bridge - I'll give her a call in a minute and see what's what.

It's a beautiful morning, however Terry has said that we are due more rain/storms later this afternoon.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come too heavy again :(

My mum is fine thank goodness. A lot of the businesses have been affected, although we think The Cinnamon Lounge might have escaped! Yay! She had a walk round the block earlier to check our friend's house was ok, as the water was already in their cellar last night. They live next to the cricket pitch, which is totally water logged. It didn't come any higher, so although their cellar is flooded, their living area is unaffected. Really feel for anyone who has had their homes flooded - must be awful :(

I too have been up early Mark. Surprised you didn't have a go at finding Catalina! it was looking mighty fuzzy in the bins this morning.

I was more interested in how the new eyepiece worked Paul so spent a lot or time on Jupiter with different magnifications to see how they preform and they did a Stirling job.

Bye the time I had finished looking at Jupiter and the moon cloud had rolled in I did try to see it with the 12-50s. I might have seen it in passing but won't say I did.

Nice capture with the camera though well done.

Glad to here you mums ok Vicky have a good day

Mark

My mum is fine thank goodness. A lot of the businesses have been affected, although we think The Cinnamon Lounge might have escaped! Yay! She had a walk round the block earlier to check our friend's house was ok, as the water was already in their cellar last night. They live next to the cricket pitch, which is totally water logged. It didn't come any higher, so although their cellar is flooded, their living area is unaffected. Really feel for anyone who has had their homes flooded - must be awful :(

I heard last night that the cinnamon lounge wasn't flooded, but then you posted saying it was, so I don't know, hope it's not. Glad your mum missed it though too vicky. I don't think there's much more rain coming today, maybe a bit around Tea time but the forecast looked clear

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't want to be in those houses down by the bridge. They strengthened it a few years ago that bridge, wonder if it will hold.

That's the one in Darton further up the river Chris. It was strengthened as the river narrows substantially compared to the one on spark lane.

I do hope the water drains rapidly

That's the one in Darton further up the river Chris. It was strengthened as the river narrows substantially compared to the one on spark lane.

I do hope the water drains rapidly

Ah yea. I forgot about that one, I'm just up at wooley grange today, so won't be going that way

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, and everyone who might be affected by the flooding is okay.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who made me feel welcome at the group, as it can be tough moving to a new area and not knowing anybody, but i know i've always got you guys to meet up with, might even be under the stars soon if were lucky and not just the pub :)

Matt.

Archived