SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Nope still no success :mad:

Even if I wanted to buy one I couldn't as it's not a standard size @ 5 1/16" so it looks like its back to the drawing board :huh:

Like Vicky says keep at it buddy. There is always a way. That is a rather unusual size for anything mate lol so it has to be homemade I suppose. You'll get there if you stick at it [emoji4]

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its looking like it will be clear this evening - so those of you who like looking at that bright blob in the sky will have a good one!

If my alt/az mount is returned today, then i might stick my little frac on it and have a gander with the girl-child at some of the lunar 100

in other news, Lee from greenwitch has yet again shown what a fabulous retailer he is. My AZ mount was fubar'd and he sent if back for repair that same day. Should be getting my shiny new spangly mount delivered today, as skywatcher said mine was broken. But as his shop is now closed for the day he has offered for me to collect it from his home address. Thats service!

Come on clear skies... The Moon is getting close to Aldebaran, occultation in about half an hour... Get out and view while you can ;)

Was still at work when I saw your post. Got home at set up just in the nick of time!

Just putting my photos on the laptop now - I'll keep you posted :)

Moon or no moon , I was ready to set up and do some N/NW/E viewing from our top patio, within 10mins a blanket of grey cloud appears !!!!!!!. Will give it another hour or so before deciding now lol.

Did get a nice ISS pass again! Delia hasn't seen it yet and asked me to give her a call when it appeared, which I did, unfortunately she missed it again, probably due to her looking out of the back room window which is North facing lol !!!!!!!

Have a good xmas everyone, I am looking forward to 2016 and some good viewing periods, as a newcomer & novice astronomer I would like to say thank you to all members of WADAS I have met so far for their friendly, good humoured , and encouraging outlook on the subject, I have realised that astronomy can be a challenging science in one aspect, but also a simple & easy fun, amazing pastime to be enjoyed by all.

Regards to you all

Eric

Have a good xmas everyone, I am looking forward to 2016 and some good viewing periods, as a newcomer & novice astronomer I would like to say thank you to all members of WADAS I have met so far for their friendly, good humoured , and encouraging outlook on the subject, I have realised that astronomy can be a challenging science in one aspect, but also a simple & easy fun, amazing pastime to be enjoyed by all.

Regards to you all

Eric

And to you Eric, I'm looking forward to next year and hopefully some clear skies too!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived