Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I'm sure they'll be on the iPlayer - definitely worth watching - the third one is on tomorrow night (oddly enough) :)

Good stuff Vicky

Just watching the first one, your hero is on and I can see why she can't half gabble lol!

I may finish off watching 2001. Stunning film and just shows how far man will go to see past these damn clouds!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff Vicky

Just watching the first one, your hero is on and I can see why she can't half gabble lol!

I may finish off watching 2001. Stunning film and just shows how far man will go to see past these damn clouds!

Oi cheeky! Haha, yes, she is my hero lol ;)

I watched 2001 when it was on the other week after the two Horizon programmes - awesome film - love the soundtrack and general sounds within the film.

It still plays on my mind a bit though, and has me thinking about it for ages afterwards.

After I watched it when I was a teenager I had strange dreams for quite some time afterwards, and used to wake up thinking there was a monolith at the end of my bed!

I seem to be having trouble replying when I quote someone else's post?

Not sure why it's only on my phone though?

For some reason it is doing your posts twice - it has been doing it for a couple of days.

It's like having an echo round here, I say, it's like having an echo! Hehe ;)

I went to winscar this morning to see it in daylight

Very windy and cold some nice views Neil

Yes, it's nice down there - did you see many birds on the water?

Can't believe how the weather changed this evening - we had beautiful blue clear skies for most of the day - typical!

Need to get out with my scope instead of just stopping in and looking at it, not through it :(

Funny you have been talking about 2001, one of my favourite films also, and I have been out to dinner tonight with some friends up here in Kielder and he only told me yesterday his mate played the main ape with the bone! Weird! :)

Oi cheeky! Haha, yes, she is my hero lol ;)

I watched 2001 when it was on the other week after the two Horizon programmes - awesome film - love the soundtrack and general sounds within the film.

It still plays on my mind a bit though, and has me thinking about it for ages afterwards.

After I watched it when I was a teenager I had strange dreams for quite some time afterwards, and used to wake up thinking there was a monolith at the end of my bed!

It is a brilliant piece and definitely one of my top ten. Has to be watched and thought about to be appreciated.

Archived