Narrowband

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Someone up there is playing games, I only went in the house for 5 minutes and its clouded over, just set up as well :mad: :mad: :mad: , have to watch now in case it starts raining, then again,by the time I have typed this and go outside it may be clear again (as if !!!)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be clear for another couple of hours alegerdly. Have you made sure the clutch is fully done up Eric? I'm sure you have checked though. My mount is a bit noisier going in one direction, can't remember which one as I haven't used it for 2 years lol.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Yup, definitely some high cloud moved in over Horbury - doesn't look like it'll be too productove for viewing this evening unless the plan is to just lunar.

Had another play in PS and managed a set of 4 ISS light trails - still don't think I'm doing it right, bit it's kinda working :)

post-39306-0-39367300-1450722636_thumb.j

It should be clear for another couple of hours alegerdly. Have you made sure the clutch is fully done up Eric? I'm sure you have checked though. My mount is a bit noisier going in one direction, can't remember which one as I haven't used it for 2 years lol.

Well I think I have tightened it all up , will see how it fairs tonight.

Well I think I have tightened it all up , will see how it fairs tonight.

Yea, just I think I did it once, but if it's not done up then it wouldn't move, see how it goes, is it a really bad noise

Wind is really bad around mine tonight! hope it drops but the forecast was for 19-36mph which I think it is up around the top end

First attempt at making the new secondary holder has not gone well! :sad:  good job I have more 0.5mm steel sheet to have a second go tomorrow  :smiley:  

Damian

Hope the eye gets better soon Vicky. The picture looks good too I missed both passes went to see starwars.

The grinding sound don't seem too good Eric make sure u keep a beedy on that.

I'm sure you will sort out you secondary holder Damian it's just trill and error just think about it I'm sure it will come to you

Mark

Yea, just I think I did it once, but if it's not done up then it wouldn't move, see how it goes, is it a really bad noise

Well not really bad but not as quiet as the azimuth when slewing , it sounds a bit 'cranky' moving up & down, I will give it some work to do indoors tomorrow and see how it goes, hoping its just a glitch, xmas period sending things back is never a good time lol, if it doesn't improve anyway I will drop FLO a line and see what they say. 

Eric

Well not really bad but not as quiet as the azimuth when slewing , it sounds a bit 'cranky' moving up & down, I will give it some work to do indoors tomorrow and see how it goes, hoping its just a glitch, xmas period sending things back is never a good time lol, if it doesn't improve anyway I will drop FLO a line and see what they say.

Eric

Yea, see how it is. I could always come and have a listen and see what I think, do you try and balance the scope in the dovetail too, that will help things.

Just been to the eye clinic at Dewsbury Hospital. I have a corneal adrasion but it will heal in a couple of days with no ill effects. Good news. Just need to keep using my drops and gel for a few days :)

That's good news then vicky :)

Good to hear your good Vicky. You just need a pair of these to go to bed with on a night now [emoji23]

Hehe, very funny lol - Terry suggested that I buy some of those Minion goggles that they are selling at the moment :)

Damian - frustrating to hear that your project has not been going well for you. Hope you have success soon. Keep at it. You'll get there.

I have managed to get the Chrstmas shopping done and wrapped in one afternoon - totally exhausted, but I can relax now knowing that it's all done.

Definitely having a cut-back Christmas, but it'll be a fun Christmas - you should see some if the random things I've found to wrap up for the kids ;)

Hehe, very funny lol - Terry suggested that I buy some of those Minion goggles that they are selling at the moment :)

Damian - frustrating to hear that your project has not been going well for you. Hope you have success soon. Keep at it. You'll get there.

I have managed to get the Chrstmas shopping done and wrapped in one afternoon - totally exhausted, but I can relax now knowing that it's all done.

Definitely having a cut-back Christmas, but it'll be a fun Christmas - you should see some if the random things I've found to wrap up for the kids ;)

Sorry Vicky, couldn't help it. lol. Glad to know your on the mend though. [emoji4]

Archived