Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Newcastle

Paxo

My name is Steve Devine and I live just to the East of Newcastle upon Tyne in a place called Hebburn Village. I was fortunate to bump into a number of forum members at the recent Kielder party (Daz, Jamie, Dom and Whiplash to name a few) who persuaded me to join up and become a part of this large community on-line. I am looking forward to interacting with anyone and everyone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was fortunate to bump into a number of forum members at the recent Kielder party (Daz, Jamie, Dom and Whiplash to name a few) who persuaded me to join up and become a part of this large community on-line. I am looking forward to interacting with anyone and everyone.

You have just met the press gang that is sent to all astro meets. :D:lol:

Welcome to SGL Steve.

naz

• 2 years later...

Hi Steve,

I was surprised last night when my wife said she had seen a photo of us in The Journal. We were only up for the day for the talks and to meet up with other members of Sunderland Astro Club. I happened to see someone with a similar telescope to mine and went over to talk to him and his wife. Thats when we were caught by your photo. He and his wife live down in Bristol. Could you possibly let me have a copy and I will email it to them.

Hopefuly I will be ready and at the next Kielder Star Party in the Autumn and we can meet up for a beer.:(

Derek

Hi Derek

Mrs Paxo here - I just happened to be logged on and saw your message.

I think you need to speak to Richard Darn about the photo of the campsite in the journel as Steve didn't take it. Steve took the picture of the 'rosette' nebula on the same page, but it was good to see the starparty get a mention and see the pictures in print across the North East. Richard has the username of Dixie on SGL and am sure will be happy to put you in touch to get a copy of it for your friends.

I hope this helps, and may see you in the Autumn (we haven't quite decided what we are doing yet)

All the best

Ann

Archived