Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skymax 180 pro

people have been asking for pics of my new to me skymax 180 pro, so i have set it up on my mount, nice and stable for such a huge maksutov, really looking forward to some quality lunar work with this:cool:

post-21509-133877674869_thumb.jpg

post-21509-133877674877_thumb.jpg

post-21509-133877674884_thumb.jpg

post-21509-133877674891_thumb.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice !

keep it outside or in the garage, bet it'll pay back ooodles !!

i dont need to keep it outside, it lives in the celler with the other scopes, just means in warmer weather it has to "warm up" when it comes up from the depths, im lucky not to have the curse of central heating, so at this time of year the celler is similar temp to outdoors:cool:

many thanks for all the promising comments on this scope;)

Congrats, these are awesome scopes, have had the pleasure or observing through "Astro baby's " one a couple of times.

Superb planetary scopes that kicks butt on some DSO's too.

It's just the cool down time that is a bummer.

Enjoy

Regards Steve

That'll do nicely Jules :rolleyes:. I hope it does you proud.

I like Big Maks but to be honest it's the Big Tasty that really makes my juices flow.

You should try the 1955 burger, I thought I'd never say this about a McD's product but it's really nice!

tony..

Looking good Jules. That's one scope I really want to have a gaze through. You bringing it to PSP?

hi revs, yes i will have it at PSP, your more than welcome to have a gaze..............hopefully not at clouds!!!

Fanatastic photos and I have the 127 Mak version of this 180 Mak and I wanna buy a 180mm soon and where did you buy yours. What mount do you use for this scope as I am looking for a new mount for my skywatcher 127 Mak and thinking either EQ5 Pro Goto or the Sky Tee-2 Mount. Thanks :D

Fanatastic photos and I have the 127 Mak version of this 180 Mak and I wanna buy a 180mm soon and where did you buy yours. What mount do you use for this scope as I am looking for a new mount for my skywatcher 127 Mak and thinking either EQ5 Pro Goto or the Sky Tee-2 Mount. Thanks :D

i bought mine from the for sale board on here, i made the decision it would be best scope for me then 2 days later this one came up for sale..........so i had to go for it.

I use it on my EQ5 with motor drive, its heavy but it works

Archived