Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

skymax 180 pro

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to say this skymax 180 is proving to be a real keeper, at peak star party we were viewing jupiter at x300, a bit to high for the conditions so dropped it a little and so much detail to be seen, in the process of getting some ortho ep`s to use with it now

• 1 month later...
hey hey snapsy !:D

Just reading this thread again, would like to point out that when i replied to beamish, was not meant to sound snappy, I think its time i thought about doing a review for this outstanding telescope

snap also :p lots ofdiscussionn about the pro's and cons of this scope on line.

i have had my 180 sinceAprill,like you say deffo a keeper! where did you get the dew shield from?

I bought my 180 pro from Dave gibbons, nearly new, and the superb dew shield was a home made item that he included in the sale, best to send him a pm for some info on it, but i will say it works superb

Have to say this skymax 180 is proving to be a real keeper...

One of the occasional perks of my job is the need to test returned scopes. We had a Skymax 180 returned in the autumn from a customer who really wanted a wide field low power scope and I've had a chance to use it. It's a great scope and don't let anyone tell you they can't be used for DSO's... ;)

Come to think of it, I'm sure I need to test it a bit more... :)

James

• 3 weeks later...

hi all,

I've just got one and viewed Jupiter the other night and wz blown away with the detail. I've had a 10inch SCT n a 12inch SCT in the past but the view I had with my 180mak was far superior. I understand that contrast is enhanced in Maks and I'm sure that's one reason.

I'm looking forward to doing some imaging when I'm fully up and running.

Ella

I think its time i thought about doing a review for this outstanding telescope

That would be nice.:)

It's a great scope and don't let anyone tell you they can't be used for DSO's... :)

Indeed they are awesome scopes on Globulars and planetaries.

They're great on the small open clusters and double stars too.

They're one of those scopes that once you've looked through one you think: "why haven't I gt one?"

Regards Steve

Just seen this Jules and that's exactly what I meant :)

Not a problem Karlo :) it was me the misunderstood your original post, i probably had a bad day at the slave camp that day!

As it happens i have moved my scopes out of the celler as i found my fracs were starting to show signs of a sort of "bloom" on the lens.........to cold and to damp

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully i have a set of 216mm orion tube rings on there way, so doing the tube ring- dove tail conversion on this scope, and might flock the interior while im at it.

I have been looking into fitting a crawmach elp crayford, but i have to purchase a crawmach for my towa 339 and its to much to spend in one go

• 2 weeks later...

Archived