Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Ant

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Sorted for transport, so I'll make sure im free. It will be a great place to tune up my processing skills and learn the force from the Jedi knights of imaging ;)

Excellent - It's the first thing in my diary for next year. I might bring the Mrs along this year.

Andrew

With a bit of luck my wife won't be giving birth again next year ....... Hope to be there!
I think that's kinda down to you as well! ;)

Hah, I booked the time then asked permission, which was fortunately forthcoming "provided I'm not giving birth".

Which would be very unlikely.

Alan

Diaried.

Same here! SGL6 was a blast (almost literally with the wind)

Edited by NickK

Great news, just pencilled in Thurs-Sun incl. The countdown begins. ;)

Hi,

I was there for 7 nights, it was great and am looking forward to SGL7.

The red house will have its lights off for the event. (promised by the site owner!!).

The local pub is very friendly and they also provided evening meals to the SGL members at the site.

Hope to meet up with the knowledgeable friends I made.

Ops!!!! they may not come if they know that I plan to go................

Cheers

Adrian

How I wish I could make it... Though since I'll be 16 I'll have to study for my O level exams (GCSEs) ;)

Well, maybe next time

We'll be there from the Tuesday if we're allowed to.

Look forward to meeting up with you again Adrian, bring the kilt along this time...

Ian & Family.....

Hi Ian,

It would be great to see you and the family plus dogs again. Have you got or are getting a new tent? James told me that you planned to ditch a tent

I might bring the kilt, depends on how many windy nights there are likely to be...........

I might consider bringing my Black Lab. I could put some Outwell tent guide ropes on him so that you can see him in the dark!!!

I was camping in north Wales last week, and when the rain and the wind died down the midges came out to eat. I reckon I lost a stone at least.

I am off to Scotland in late July and early August, camping for a few days and then moving into a house for the remainder of the time. The Scottish midges are superior to the Welsh ones in that they take bigger chunks out of you!!!

Anyway, I will be in touch before SGL7.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi,

The red house will have its lights off for the event. (promised by the site owner!!).

Good to know you will be coming to SGL7 Adrian. Its likely that I will remind the owners of the light problem just before the event.

You may even get to see the Mappa Mundi this time. The national lottery have given the cathedral a huge grant to improve the whole frontage area.

Mark

Edited by SteveL
Fixed quotation

Think i'll make this my first event, 7 days sounds like a plan if im gonna make the effort.

Praying for good weather,

etc.....

;)

leccy on field does anyone know???

The SGL star party is located on the rally field which has electric hook up. This will be the 4th time that SGL has been to Lucksall. Ant gave a link to the caravan park website at the start of this thread which gives more info on Lucksall.

Mark

Think i'll make this my first event, 7 days sounds like a plan if im gonna make the effort.

etc.....

;)

leccy on field does anyone know???

:D yep, the majority of pitches are electric (its a lovely site)

Helen

It's good to have the dates - looking forward to my 4th SGL star party already ;)

Perhaps Mark and I can have a night with our larger aperture scopes this time :D

Looking forward to my first SGL event. We'll probably come for a long weekend between two short working weeks ;)

Hey Brantuk, does that mean I can't do the SGL7 and Kelling Heath double next year?

Haha - sure you can - you can tell us all about how Kelling went lol ;)

Kelling is in April next year so the star parties don't clash

Helen

Phew, the mid week drive from Norfolk to Lucksall turned into a road trip last year!