Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Ant

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

.....So does anyone come along just for the social activites/viewing and then go??

As its only about an hour or so drive for me really, whats the general score/attitude towards just turning up in the car on the Fri or Sat afternoon, and spending the later day/eve and most of night there, before heading off in the early hours when everyone starts to pack it in for the night???

Does anyone do that, or is it frowned upon???

Yes we do get "day visitors" and I'm sure you would be welcome :)

I think you need to notify the site and obviously park your vehicle well away from the observing / imaging area so your lights don't affect things. More details will be posted closer to the event :(

That should be no problem -providing you keep the car away from where we are observing. We have had several non-atronomers staying on the site, who have wandered over just to have a look. It may be possible to hire a mobile home for a night or two, there are several on the site but they may be all private owners.

keith

Hig I know individuals have stayed at the Travelodge (Grafton Hereford) which is only a few miles from Lucksall. If you book in advance you might get a room for £19.

Mark

Hi I am new to the site and was just wondering if I have missed the booking for this? I hope not, I have been to Kielder Star Camp and it was amazing and would love to come to this one next year!

Dates in the diary.. will be submitting holiday forms shortly for time off work. Any idea when costs and booking system will be posted up.... oh and please can we have that wonderful curry and chips on the Friday again - Yum :)

Just to keep you updated.....

Planning is underway in earnest, hope to have the booking form ready shortly.

Looking forward to it. Already working on sorting out babysitter for the kiddo and a dog sitter for the monsters so I can come!

Glazious, SGL6 was my first ever star party and I'm now up to my 9th come November. SGL6 is where it all started and with respect to all the other star party organisers, this is the biggest/best I have been on and it's local (to you/me). Put the date in your diary and come along for a tremendous few days in beautiful surroundings.

After the great time at PSP im definitely in for this one too. The 3 month wait for my new scope to be built will have ended by then hopefully.......

Guys,

I can confirm that I will definately be on dry land for the dates in question, so I'd like to place my name on the list for a spot. I'm away until 14th (ish) January, but can pay any dues immediately upon that date.

1x car, 1 x tent, 2 x scopes.

Much looking forward to this, even though its quite a drive down there.

Eddie H

Poo - just found out that this clashes with Kielder spring......

hmm - the frozen North or the cosy South - decisions.......

Edited by robbieince

This sounds really great, would definitely like to come, although my wife is due to give birth at the beginning of March. Will have to wait and see :-)

Edited by jkemal

This sounds really great, would definitely like to come, although my wife is due to give birth at the beginning of March. Will have to wait and see :-)

Mods.. in addition to the other arrangements you've done, can you set up a birthing suit just in case :eek::D

Booked the dates in the diary.....does it get over subscribed st all, or is the site big enough?

Tinap

Is there a window when bookings will need to be made in or will it be possible to book at the last minute?