SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Ant

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi MrsR,

Buying a tent is a tricky operation.

There are so many different options.

How many people will be camping?...... add 2 for more comfort...

How often will you go camping per annum?

Where will you camp?

What time of the year do you intend to camp?

Do you need to be able to stand up in the tent?

Will you have assistance to erect the tent?

How large will the tent be when erected and how large when packed?

There are tents that fit these requirements and at various costs.

It is important to take your time and "study" the market.

I use the following company because they are near where I live. They are brilliant at giving advice and I believe offer good competitive prices.

Camping Equipment | Family Tents, Rucksacks, Sleeping Bags

If you require further info pm me and I will try and answer your questions.

Cheap tents are a waste of money as they don't usually last long. They are designed for a festival weekend.

Good hunting!!!

Cheers

Adrian

This thread is just letting you know when SGL7 will be, and a future thread will let you know how and where to book... dont worry, booking hasnt started yet!

Thanks, was looking at some of the threads of last years and it looks like good crack

Thanks, was looking at some of the threads of last years and it looks like good crack

Fantastic atmosphere (no pun intended) - Very warm welcome, made friends quickly, nice dark skies and Lulu and her friend serenading us all :) - other than a few of us coming down with colds (unrelated to the event) meaning we had to cut our visit a day short it was a wonderful experience and I'm hoping to be at the next one

Hi MrsR,

Buying a tent is a tricky operation.

There are so many different options.

How many people will be camping?...... add 2 for more comfort...

How often will you go camping per annum?

Where will you camp?

What time of the year do you intend to camp?

Do you need to be able to stand up in the tent?

Will you have assistance to erect the tent?

How large will the tent be when erected and how large when packed?

There are tents that fit these requirements and at various costs.

It is important to take your time and "study" the market.

I use the following company because they are near where I live. They are brilliant at giving advice and I believe offer good competitive prices.

Camping Equipment | Family Tents, Rucksacks, Sleeping Bags

If you require further info pm me and I will try and answer your questions.

Cheap tents are a waste of money as they don't usually last long. They are designed for a festival weekend.

Good hunting!!!

Cheers

Adrian

Thank you so much, will need to think about this more as I want to get my girls into camping so will need a big tent for then but wonder if for this I should really just concentrate on a tent for me (and maybe the husband) for just star parties rather than a family one. My girls are only 2 at the mo so no rush for that yet.

Thank you so much, will need to think about this more as I want to get my girls into camping so will need a big tent for then but wonder if for this I should really just concentrate on a tent for me (and maybe the husband) for just star parties rather than a family one. My girls are only 2 at the mo so no rush for that yet.

'Just enough' is better for star parties as they tend to happen on the 'colder' season March or Sep/Oct. A big empty tent is hard to heat. So if it's just the two of you a three person size should be enough.

I'm a Vango fanatic myself so will always recommend them!

Hate to put dampner on this but i was just checking Stellerium for those nights to see what we'll be able see...

The moon is 3/4 full and quite high in the sky to the south, isnt that going to take the edge of our dark skies?

Hate to put dampner on this but i was just checking Stellerium for those nights to see what we'll be able see...

The moon is 3/4 full and quite high in the sky to the south, isnt that going to take the edge of our dark skies?

err... roll your planetarium forward to 2012, not 2011 :)

Don't camp - glamp! :)

If its anything like the Cumbria starry, expect booze, laughter, education, good nature and a sense of meeting friends from years before, even on first meeting.

Seriously, nothing like a friendly group of like minded people.

Alan

I need to sort myself a tent out! Where is the best place for buying one?

Have a good look around at the types, designs, features.

Visit Go outdoors or something like, find the one you want, then search online, for the best price.

Archived