NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SUPER BIG moon with refractor ED120 last night, 10 feb 2011

luis

SUPER BIG Moon with refractor ED120

The clouds where moving around, but then go away, was lucky, if not I wouldn´t get this photo.

Refractor ED120 + DSLR 550

1 single jpeg. Not stacking, not a mosaic.

This time, I used 1 filter IR/UV

Greetings from Portugal,

Luis Beja

40450420.jpg

The same image with more color contrast:

55412936.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stunning.....

But how do you get such a large, sharp image with what appears to be a smallish scope. only 900mm focal length (?). Or I have completely underestimated your scope ? or underestimated your camera as a "standard" DSLR ?

Cheers

Neil

Excellent image! I love that you were able to pick up the change in color on the maria floors between Tranquilitatis and Faecundatatis! Likewise, the detail on the Triesnecker region between the two maria is superb.

What camera were you using??

Dan

Amazing images luis some of the best ive seen so far , you gotta be proud of these :) when you say you used an ir/filter where did you use this in your setup ? is it a modded camera ie internal filter removed ? thanks .

Hi, thanks all your coments, this ED120 also surprises me.

Amazing images luis some of the best ive seen so far , you gotta be proud of these :) when you say you used an ir/filter where did you use this in your setup ? is it a modded camera ie internal filter removed ? thanks .

It isn´t a modded camera. The filter IR/UV, was the baader IR/UV, 1,25" used in front of the dslr 550.

Archived