Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from near Leeds

Venus_is_my_friend

Greetings to all,

My name is Neil and I am an amateur astronomer. I was born at a very young age and have loved astronomy and space since I were a wee lad growing up in the North East, 4 years old to be exact. Long story as to why I loved space at that age and anyone who cares will be delighted with the tale.

Got a telescope at the age of (unsure) possibly 10-14. Didn't know much then (not that anything has changed now) Basically spent 6 months looking at a bright star (probably Sirius) out of focus and thinking it was Venus, ha ruddy ha.

Bought a Skywatcher 10 inch Dob in July and since then have given my wife many ground for divorce, but she has her vices so it's all even. Also I have stolen the dog, she is my Astronomy Buddy!

Erm what more do you want to know? I dislike my neighbours dogs and security lights but other wise have a good location.

Love me? Hate me? I am here to stay, oh and by the way I am slightly insane but lovable (my wife's words)

Lots of Love,

Neil

Welcome Neil, I am new to this forum also. I have also recently purchased a telescope. An 8" SCT. My wife thinks that I am insane for doing this (and other things):) I am from Alabama,USA and have loved Astronomy from an early age also. Welcome to this forum.I am just learning myself how to use this site. Hope you will enjoy this forum and also learn a thing or two. JohnB

My God!!!! it must have been a secret government experiment...I too was born at an early age!!!...Sinister, or what???...Welcome to a slightly insane corner of SGL from me in Sheffield...AND I'm all for hearing the long story about your fascination with space...I love a good tale!!...clear skies to you.

Archived