Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Animated ISS 05-07-2010

Hi All

I had another go at getting a sequence of shots of the ISS last night, all the photo's were taken by hand guiding my FLT110 with x2 Powermate on an ez touch alt-az head. It was very easy to lose sight of the ISS due to the narrow field of view and most of the time I was just sighting through the red-dot finder, so there are jumps in the sequence when the ISS fell outside the frame of the Canon 550D I was using.

Fun to do, I hope you enjoy it.

Mel

post-16960-133877460815_thumb.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well! As all the superlatives seem to have been used already,all I can say is,it is indeed an incredible piece of work! ;)

Love to see some of the individual frames as there looks to be an amazing amount of detail captured not to mention a starry background. :)

post-13495-133877460829_thumb.png

My poor old 2D brain is having problems visualising how the ISS can appear to do a victory roll as it passes by :)

It certainly is a great capture especially when you say it's all manually guided. ;)

Martyn

That is fabulous! I love the way it starts to shrink into the distance towards the end of the sequence. You get a real sense of its 3-d motion.

Archived