Jump to content



  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

28 Excellent

About teh_orph

  • Rank
    Star Forming

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. You got an out-loud 'wow' from me as the page loaded. Good work!
  2. Nice framing. Any chance of sharing what the individual Ha and OIII channels look like?
  3. This is an excellent image Can you remember any of the capture details for the original image? (eg is it a mosaic?)
  4. Nice. I've been considering using my 55-250 to see what I can get in particular at the long end. What focal ratio was your 200mm shot using, and what kind of exposure lengths? Also what does an individual image look like with light pollution?
  5. Thanks all My camera is unmodified, apart from removing that IR filter directly in front of the sensor. I'm imaging in colour, and then dropping the other three pixels' worth of data. Tbh I'm not happy with the way I do this, what system do you use? Really I want to just take my RAW files and drop the GG and B leaving R, but there's no software which I can find does this nicely. I can't do it reliably in dcraw: it works ok on the light frames but it ruins the flats and darks. The best I have found so far is to use DeepSkyStacker and *disable the black point=zero* check box, set red=1, blue=1
  6. Nice nice. Good stars and the nebula itself looks ace.
  7. Hello guys I can see why people get addicted to imaging... I replaced my EQ2 scope with a EQ5 + 200p in January and have been making progress with guiding. However as I live in London I can never really use an exposure longer than about five minutes due to the light pollution...or at worst just 30 seconds! I recently sourced a second 1000D, removed the IR filter and DIYed in a filter holder into my optic train and added a 1.25" Baader 6nm Ha filter. For the last few weeks I've been experimenting with imaging like that and finally have an image when using the equipment in anger. Five hours of H
  8. Cheers guys. I would recommend having a go if you have the kit, mag ~14.5. Tick it off the list! In my case it did require preparation though. I went out during the day time to figure out when it would be in a place where not blocked by other houses. Eris looks a bit too dim for me
  9. Hi guys, long time no post... I moved house last year to a much better place - astronomically - to where I used to live, but still not great considering it's in London and got myself a new scope. I've been very keen to get a snap of Pluto before New Horizons reaches it and have been waiting for May to roll round when it's a doable place from my house. Unfortunately I have no view of the south, and Pluto rises quite low in the south so I have to suck it up and go stand on the South Circular and risk getting mugged to get a picture! Unfortunately every weekend for me has been cloudy so I risked
  10. I've reverted to 3.35...and now returning from parking works! I've emailed Skywatcher via their web page detailing the bug. Let's see if there's a reply. Now that I know what to search for it does appear this is a common bug in 3.36.
  11. Woah, this sounds like what I've got! Where can I get 3.35 from? On the web site I only see 3.27, which I cannot flash and 3.36. I bought the goto to save myself time, as using my EQ2 in light polluted London I would spend serious time navigating to an object. Now I spent my time calibrating!
  12. Yes that's a good idea - maybe I'll try some completely different co-ordinates. It's unfortunate that I live ~100m from the meridian All the repeated 7s to me look like a NaN in the data somewhere...
  13. Hi guys, I just bought an EQ5 GOTO mount from FLO...but I think there's a bug in the software. It's pretty obvious yet I can't find anything online so perhaps it's a handset fault. Can anyone try and reproduce it with theirs? (you don't need to see stars to do this ) After calibration and parking the mount, it requires me to calibrate every time after powering off the mount. Here is how to reproduce it. Hardware 3.06 firmware 3.36 database 3.28. To reproduce, - factory reset handset via menu - turn off handset - turn on handset - set location 000"00'W 51 deg 27' N - set time zone +00:00 -
  14. Photoshop CS5. I has to hand align them too! Ah it's all too easy these days :-)
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.