Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

got a bunch of stuff from ebay from them. mixed bag, but mostly good. 50mm guidescope really nice quality. small 30mm scope as good as ZWO one. laser collimator a bit rubbish (laser a line).

mounts, vixen plates, guide mounts, pollution filter, IR filter, etc all seem good. they often have a sale on which knocks 20% or so off too.

I picked up one lf their SV105 cameras up for 19 quid. I mean it's very basic 2MP camera, usb2 and dsoesn't do long exposures, but works well on the moon, etc.

I have a 32mm Plossl and the 7-21mm zoom. The zoom is not bad for the price and I can't really fault the Plossl. No-one's going to say they are equal to the top brands but they are good value.

EDIT: I forgot I have a UHC filter too but nothing more expensive to make a valid comparison comment

Edited by wulfrun

Ive been wondering about SVBony myself, id like to replace the plastic focuser on my 130p, they sell an all metal newt focuser SV181, its only £40 on ebay, does anyone have experience of this focuser, is it any good?

17 minutes ago, dave34 said:

Ive been wondering about SVBony myself, id like to replace the plastic focuser on my 130p, they sell an all metal newt focuser SV181, its only £40 on ebay, does anyone have experience of this focuser, is it any good?

Sorry I didn't pay attention to the model number, hence this edit. I have the SV 108 and these are OK. but is a helical focuser. No experience with SV181.

Edited by Nik271
got the wrong Svbony focuser

The only Svbony item that I have used was a UHC filter. The cost was low but so, unfortunately was the performance - it had a hardly noticeable impact on the nebulae that I tried it on.

So that's one of the less effective items under their branding.

Edited by John

I have a 12mm illuminated reticle eyepiece and a set of three extension tubes. The eyepiece was significantly cheaper than available alternatives and the extension tubes seem solid and go together well.

I've not bought any expensive items but the quality on these cheaper items has been fine.

I've bought a solar finder and 20mm 68 degree eyepiece from their ebay store, and they both seem fine.  I think someone is trying to tie together all the unbranded Chinese astro accessories into a single brand to give them some cachet in the marketplace.  As such, they seem to be rather careful about avoiding pure junk being offered under the SVBONY brand to avoid any negatives being associated with it.

Purchased a set of ND filters from Svbony and thay do the job well.

Think that you have to limit your expectations to the price level. Many astronomers seem to want the lowest price and the highest quality and that does not really happen. The Svbony items are decent value for their cost, and their cost is below the top end, high quality items for a reason.

Their NB filters will be not as narrow as some, cameras will not match ZWO or ATIK or QHY, but neither will their prices. In effect be realistic. An example in the NB filters is their Hb, it is wide enough that I believe it also allows one of the OIII wavelengths through. So not narrow enough to be HB only.

Find many items are sort of ideal for trying out something new, also good for when really complete accuracy of the item specification is not really required - my ND filters for example. If the ND1 was 5% either side, even 10%, it would not have mattered. In simple terms I wanted something around the ND1 area. So if you buy an item I suggest you work on that basis.

I bought the 7-21mm zoom directly from the SVBony website as it was a bit cheaper than those advertised on Ebay. Arrived safely in a relatively short time, around 2 weeks I think. Have also bought the 30mm guide scope. It's as good as the ZWO/Astro Essentials 30mm scope. Looks and feels very good quality, both products. Recommended. 

I don't have any SvBony product yet but, reading this thread and given the price, I was wondering what (2" or clip) filter would I get for LP. Any recommendation? Should be for a 200pds+MPCC+600d.

Edited by barbulo

Bought some low cost bits from them via their ebay eu shop.  All good and quality is good.    They banned me from buying more items though via ebay.  I had the nerve to return an un-opened un-used item as I bought the wrong size. (my fault entirely - I noticed as soon as I saw the box and I paid return postage etc..) 

I bought a zoom eyepiece from their shop direct after that.  Good quality and good views compared to the basic plossils I have.  

Have the 40mm Plossl and the aspheric eyepiece set, no complaints for the cost! The 4mm aspheric is a bit too overpowered for the average lower budget scope would be my only feedback but for £29.99 for 3 eyepieces I really can't complain and picked up a cheap screw in 0.5 focal reducer to lower the mag a little, seems to be ok with terrestrial views, clouds have stopped a proper test of that...

Definitely an improvement on the usual 10 and 20/25mm eyepieces bundled with the average scope for me anyway