NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

So , a mixed bag , but generally the sVbony gear is good . I bought a 32mm 2" Eyepiece and , to be honest its as good as anything i've used before in that range . What i do like is the prices are keen but the quality is better than the prices suggest . People often judge new suppliers against the top quality products available which isn't always fair . Check out their zoom eyepiece on YouTube against a the Baader Zoom and it holds up remarkably well . 

One thing I'm surprised hasn't popped up more in this thread, the cameras.  I've had an SV305 for a week to test out so probably not experienced enough with it to drop a full conclusion, and it's a tasty camera for the money as it can be bought for less than the price of a zwo 120 mini-C but with a more modern sensor package (as well as memory buffers), the pro version a bit more (and apparently there's a mono version coming down the line), but as of yet I'd be sceptical recommending it on someone else's coin outright as the SDK is quite young, it's not compatible with Macs (don't know if there's going to be a future implementation that is) and the driver package is quite immature and sometimes things get broken (the current dev version of PHD2 is one).  It seems to perform well enough once the niggles have been worked through, but as the moon has been getting in the way of things I've not had chance to give it a full work out.

If this is their first "proper" astro-cam, as opposed to digital eye-pieces, whilst it's still green and young it does show a promise to what they are potentially capable of dropping in the next few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am relatively new to the hobby. I have the SVbony 8-24mm zoom eyepiece. I found the price very attractive compared to Baader (no surprise). I have another 32mm Omegon EP which I like the most but the idea of not having to change EP is very appealing. The FoV is slightly cramped at 24mm though and it is an irritant especially when I am star hopping at the lowest power and need to max FoV. At 8mm the FoV opens up further (I am feeling lazy to look up the exact FoV at 24mm and 8mm but 8mm is wider). 

So these days I hardly even switch the SVBony out simply because of the convenience and the quality which is very good. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shiladazz said:

. I have the SVbony 8-24mm zoom eyepiece.

Glad to see another good report of this EP ... i bought a Zoom EP from another member on here and i didn't like it at all , but i am tempted to take a look at the SVbony one .