NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Introducing myself.

Jin

Retired, over the hill and not really in need of a new hobby my then 4yr old Granddaughter became interested in astronomy, the journey began. Starting with binoculars I became obsessed, Dec 2020 I received a Skywatcher 200p and I’ve just ordered a Sky-Watcher StarQuest-130P to travel with. My Granddaughter has now moved on to dinosaurs leaving me to enjoy astronomy in peace. Bliss! 

Being new to astronomy I look forward to advice from members. I’ve made so many mistakes I’m blushing thinking about them.

Jin.

• Like 3

Welcome to SGL.  I remember when I was about 6 years old that I first wanted to be an astronomer and then a paleontologist as well.  I guess it comes with that particular age.  Now that I've taken up astronomy in my later years, I guess it's about time for me to take up paleontology next. 😉

Welcome to SGL Jin.

Recently been down the same route with my Grandson, but what is there not to love about Dinosaurs.  Enjoy your new hobby, and don't be embarrassed about mistakes, because they happen to all of us..:smiley: