NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New here.

Tevin Changoo

Hello,My name is Tevin Changoo i'm from the island of St.Lucia...I've really been into astronomy but i can't get help where i live...i really want to further my competence in this field. Can someone please help me? I believe i have an already wonderful understanding of this subject...but there's never too much to learn and or share.

Edited by Tevin Changoo
Minor typos

Welcome aboard SGL Tevin. Good to have you with us.

There's a wealth of information on here, mainly about observing the night sky and choosing equipment to help you do just that. I'd recommend having a good look around the various sections on here.

People are always willing to answer any questions you have have.

Edited by Starwatcher2001
can't spel
  • Like 1

Welcome @Tevin Changoo! I have been to your lovely island on holiday about ten years ago, really enjoyed it!

As has been said, the best thing to do is have a look around in the sections that interest you, then post up any questions you may have. Don’t be afraid to start your own threads in the relevant sections, that way you will get more answers!

Enjoy.

• Like 1

Thanks allot for the warm welcomes  everyone and to those who have been to my country sad to say it's not what it was...but i can't wait to get involved with all the amazing threads and work on here 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys sorry i've been so abscent just caught up in a social crysis i found this rewlly really cool page on instagram @astronomy_eye please check it out 

You won't be dissapointed 

I just can't help myself  i don't a telescope or anything but i stargaze ever so often i see so much amazing stuff with my bare eyes. I cant even express my emotions and the way my "spiritual being" feels.

(Off topic).... to all the great people who have visited my island i'm really pleased that you love it hope you visit again our night skies are amazing. 

Welcome, Tevin Changoo, to this friendly forum!

Nothing wrong with stargazing without optical aids, especially under really dark (island) skies. I,too, start and end most of my sessions this way.

Next step for you would be to get some binoculars ; anything up from 6x30 roughly will do, and intensify the naked eye binocular view. Have a look at the Binocular threads here, and Steve Tonkins BinocularSky; many hints even for naked eye observing.

Enjoy the journey!

Stephan

Edited by Nyctimene