SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LBN471 The Lion Nebula

peter shah

Thank you everyone.......I love this William Optics FLT...it actually colour corrects as good as the FSQ...I now that's a bit of a bold statement but its just so easy to pull star colour out from this scope....I just love it

Edited by peter shah
added quote

1 minute ago, carastro said:

Quite stunning Peter, I really struggled with this one even from Bortle 4.  

I think this is probably the best version I have seen.

Carole 

Thank you Carole .....I did find  it a bit tricky too to be honest...... I had a couple of goes before I was happy.... I was particularly pleased with the star colour 

3 hours ago, R1k said:

incredible image, wow!

28 minutes ago, tony said:

Outstanding Peter, as mentioned before, stunning detail and colour 👌

3 hours ago, DaveS said:

Wow! That's just brilliant. Love the colours and the detail in the dark lanes.

Thank you everyone ....   My first attempt the colours seemed to be quite muddy.......I'm so pleased with the way this one came out....

• Like 1

I find it absolutely amazing what some of y’all are doing. Some of the targets are objects I’ve never seen, or even knew about. Some of these images would have made astronomers from 50 years ago gasp. Imagine if the ancients could see little miracles like this. To think how happy I was to grab M42 with my iPhone and C90 I cannot fathom what it would feel like to post a world class shot like this. I doubt my SV105 would do this well if in orbit.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, theropod said:

I find it absolutely amazing what some of y’all are doing. Some of the targets are objects I’ve never seen, or even knew about. Some of these images would have made astronomers from 50 years ago gasp. Imagine if the ancients could see little miracles like this. To think how happy I was to grab M42 with my iPhone and C90 I cannot fathom what it would feel like to post a world class shot like this. I doubt my SV105 would do this well if in orbit.

Thank you for the kind words. I remember imaging in the 90's with film.... well there just is no comparison and was almost futile.

10 hours ago, Gerr said:

Amazing image - So very envious (about your better weather too, I can't get even 9mins of clear sky where I live!).

Gerr.

Thank you Gerr

10 hours ago, vineyard said:

The colours...!  In one place the features also look a bit like a lighthouse beam. That is splendid.

Thank you....Yes it does there are a couple of almost translucent areas that seem to float in front of  some of the main structures, it shows up in both O3 and Ha but is completely absent from the S2 

Narrow band filters.jpg