Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from West Yorkshire

Walk69

Hi all

My name is Gary, I live in Pontefract, West Yorkshire. By trade i am a Biomedical Support Engineer. Hobbies include Metal detecting, flying model RC helicopters and quads, 3D Printing and very very new to it, looking at the skies.
I was registered on the forum a few years ago, but got trolled for being a newbie on other forums (not this one i may say) and basically gave up. I have a Celestron Nexstar 127 LST and still need to do a lot of book bashing. Well with the pandemic lockdown I have decided to dig the scope out again. I also am looking into the basis of a few projects i.e electronic autofocus, and at the moment i am 3d printing the parts to make a Raspberry Pi Camera. I am pretty sure that i will be made welcome.. again, i cannot remember what my old login was or even if my regsitered email is still valid, so created this new one.
Regards

Gary

• Like 3

Hi Gary & welcome back. I'm sure any form of trolling on this forum would be swiftly dealt with. Ive being interested in astronomy for nearly 40yrs & still consider myself as a 'newbie' 😂 

Also feel free to post any 3D printed astro related projects in the DIY section as I'm sure they'll get a great deal of positive interest.

Steve

• Like 3

A very warm welcome to you Gary. Its always good to welcome other members from the frozen north. I just wished you lived a bit closer, I could become your closest friend- and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact you own a 3D printer 🤣.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paulastro said:

A very warm welcome to you Gary. Its always good to welcome other members from the frozen north. I just wished you lived a bit closer, I could become your closest friend- and this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact you own a 3D printer 🤣.

🤪 I have 5 actually  🤣🤣

Welcome Gary, always surprises me when someone so local pops up on here. I'm in Ferrybridge but believe there's a good few other members in and around Pontefract. 

Bad news for you is you'll get the same rubbish weather I seem to attract haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich1980 said:

Welcome Gary, always surprises me when someone so local pops up on here. I'm in Ferrybridge but believe there's a good few other members in and around Pontefract. 

Bad news for you is you'll get the same rubbish weather I seem to attract haha 

Yea totally agree, i do get one advantage though, I live up on Baghill, so high up above the city, my back garden is quite long and i have large conifers at the end, a lot of the light pollution is not there, so when the good weather comes it really is clear skies.

Edited by Walk69
  • Like 1