Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light Optics

MikeP

Yes I hear their service is good once they've got your money but until then..would touch them with a barge pole USELESS!!!:)

The latter bit is not my experience at all -- I found them remarkably helpful and they went the extra mile for me (see my post in "Supplier Reviews).

The latter bit is not my experience at all -- I found them remarkably helpful and they went the extra mile for me (see my post in "Supplier Reviews).

Thank-you :)

To be fair to those affected, we are not currently at our best but will be soon.

This week, the best way to contact us is via our helpdesk (email below) as Martin and I are both working til late from our homes responding to emails.

I would have to say that my recent experience with James has been excellent. I had an issue with a delivery to Ireland and James' understanding and customer service was at a level that is hard to find these days. Refreshing. I would say the lads have won customers based on their personal dealings alone.

Bart

Flo are shocking!!!! Whenever you try to call them it always goes straight to ANSWERPHONE, Yes I hear their service is good once they've got your money but until then..would touch them with a barge pole USELESS!!!:)

That's what I used to think, but now I know their service is excellent. There is a kind of personal touch with them.

When I ordered a new eyepiece the other week, it arrived so quickly (to France) I was gobsmacked.

A converted FLO fan.

everything i have ordered from the guys at First light optics has arrived within two days, having said that, i didnt order during an SGL star party where, as the main sponser, FLO will have been.

Dont be too harsh, those chaps are great and lags are very rare

Hi

One thing I would say is their communications are far better than a few other astronomy goods dealers I have used.

They keep you informed especially if there is an issue.

I believe I've seen posts where they have advised a customer to go to a competitor purely because of stock availability issues at FLO.

Now that's a fair seller if you ask me.

I recently ordered an item from another supplier (no point in naming and shaming) but if I say that the item was in stock for immediate dispatch, the shrewd amongst you will work it out :)

Anyway, after ten days of waiting for the in stock for immediate dispatch item, I contacted them. Two days later I received a "generic" reply stating that the in stock for immediate dispatch item was in fact out of stock !!

Stock might be available in ten days time, did I want to wait ??

I decided to wait and twelve days later contacted them again to see where the item was.

The in stock for immediate dispatch item arrived twenty six days after I placed the order.

(not even an appology in the parcel)

So you could do far worse than click on that sponsor badge at the top of this page

Regards

Neil

It's a pity they will not mail order to Australia, even though their web site refers to international orders. We are not exactly a third world country!!! All I needed was an adapter! If that purchase had gone OK I was going to buy a Starlight Express CCD and filter wheel combo as well as they seemed to get favourable reviews as a supplier here....but will have to go elsewhere.

cheers

Gary

one of the few problems with dealing with a small firm im afraid, im sure if they could have helped. without screaming horrible price increase they would have accomodated.

you could always move here, fine weather, better cricket and rugby team:p

Edited by nicnac

We 'do' deliver to Australia. It depends on the item of course. We have even sold cameras to Japan. Please email us at the address below for a quote.

HTH,

Steve

Steve,

I was after :

FLO Adaptor for Skywatcher Focal reducers

My ticket number was 7391

the reply was in part:

"We dont ship to your destination "

cheers

Gary

Aahh ... I see what has happened. Australia isn't one of the options in the drop-down list of available countries. It is one we manually add when requested. It is the same for the US. It is my fault for not letting Martin know.

HTH,

Steve

Aahh ... I see what has happened. Australia isn't one of the options in the drop-down list of available countries. It is one we manually add when requested. It is the same for the US. It is my fault for not letting Martin know.

HTH,

Steve

Steve,

could you please email me a quote for the item asap to the email address in the ticket? Once I have the reducer/corrector working I will be after the USB Starlight express Filter wheel for 2" filters, so could you add that as a separate quote to the reply? I can raise a separate query, but while we are here, is this filter wheel OK with Baader filters, which are a bit thicker than others?

cheers

Gary

Steve,

could you please email me a quote for the item asap to the email address in the ticket? Once I have the reducer/corrector working I will be after the USB Starlight express Filter wheel for 2" filters, so could you add that as a separate quote to the reply? I can raise a separate query, but while we are here, is this filter wheel OK with Baader filters, which are a bit thicker than others?

Martin is on the case :)

The SX filter wheel is 100% compatible with Baader filters, the thicker cells are not a problem.

HTH

Thanks Martin, have purchased adapter, got your email and will be buying more in the not distant future. Cheers, and thankyou immensely for sorting things out for me so quickly....The compliments you get are obviously well deserved.

cheers

Gary

Martin is on the case :)

The SX filter wheel is 100% compatible with Baader filters, the thicker cells are not a problem.

HTH

Had a nice chat with Martin late on Tuesday afternoon with regards to various bit to hook my DSLR up to my 80ED. What a nice man, very helpful even talking me through the pages on FLO's website to ensure I ordered the right bits.

All the bits arrived this morning (Thursday) apart from the Hyperion EP I also ordered. But I knew that as I had an update yesterday to say it was on back order.

Very happy :) Thanks guys.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by iwatkins

I recenty purchased an Evostar 90 Refractor from FLO. MY first ever dealing with them. I must say that the service was very good and I don't normally give out such praise for anything! The guy I dealt with, Martin was most helpful.

Such customer service is rare indeed!