Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Essex

Jonny_H

Hi all,

I thought I would sign-up and say hello after lurking on here for a while gathering knowledge.

I am new to this hobby but have been interested in the night sky for a number of years.  Whilst being in lock-down it has encouraged/triggered me to finally invest in some equipment so that I can begin my adventure into the world of Astronomy and astrophotography.

After many hours of research and reading (mostly on here) - I final purchased a SW 150P-DS, HEQ5 GOTO mount, premium Cheshire Collimating eyepiece  and a few other accessories such as power supply and camera t-ring to affix my DSLR....just to get me started.  I was originally looking to get the EQ5 mount but after research I decided to go for the better mount.  

I cannot wait for the gear to arrive :)

Anyhow....I thought I would say hello and hoping to continue to gain knowledge from this community for years to come!

Regards,

Jon

Edited by Jonny_H
  • Like 2

Hi Jon,

Welcome... I started off with the same gear as you although I got the EQ5 at first. I later upgraded to the HEQ5 so I think you have made the right choice. 

It's a massive learning curve that burns big holes in your pockets but very rewarding. Welcome!

Tim.

Hello Jon,

Welcome to SGL and this very fine hobby of ours.
Many an hour can be spent under an Essex sky observing and enjoying the Solar Ststem and beyond.

I am an Essex boy too, so hello from Thundersley.

Edited by Alan White

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone.

I will post back once I receive my scope and other accessories.

On 24/04/2020 at 09:01, Alan White said:

Hello Jon,

Welcome to SGL and this very fine hobby of ours.
Many an hour can be spent under an Essex sky observing and enjoying the Solar Ststem and beyond.

I am an Essex boy too, so hello from Thundersley.

Hi Alan,

I am just down the road to you so hello from Leigh.

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by Jonny_H