NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Show me your eyepiece/accessories case, please.

Leegsi

Shane,

Bulgaria as well, I still have his 7mm Nagler.

Sorry Stu I missed that from you, yes I still have it but have you still got my 10mm Delos or did I buy it back from Mike?

Alan

The Delos moved on elsewhere Alan, can't remember where! I don't have any Delos or XW at the moment, seem to be concentrating in amassing scopes and other kit! I think they will find their way back at some point in the future though.

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate that it's horses for courses, but I find neither the Ethos nor the Delos range particularly compelling.  I personally find too wide a field of view distracting and the Nagler is about as far as I want to go in that respect.  I don't yet feel the need for the longer eye relief of a Delos either, which for me doesn't really leave enough on its side of the scales to balance the extra cost over a Nagler.  That doesn't mean I think they're not good eyepieces.  I just don't really think they're for me.

I am still looking out for longer focal length Naglers when they come up second hand though (pretty rarely, it seems), so my case is not yet complete.  Not sure where I'll find room for too many more though :)

James

Looks good Michael, I used to keep my 2" diagonal in the eyepiece case but since have room for this set, posted else where but I can now declare on this thread as complete. The case (Jessops) measures 32cm x 46cm. Included are two 2" filters O-III and H-beta and a silicon moisture absorbing box.

post-22819-0-81067600-1411991263.jpg

Edited by scarp15

And since we're on the subject of BGOs, Naglers and Pans, here's the current contents of my own eyepiece case.  Apologies for the poor photo.  I'll try to get a better one at some point.

case.jpg

James

I have only just twigged that the "BGOs" that you speak of are not made by TeleVue, despite being black and green.

Are these Baader Genuine Orthotics, and if so, how do they differ from the current crop which have white branding instead of green?

I am looking for some higher power and my current highest is the 8mm TV Plossl - do these come in shorter focal lengths than that?

hi Derek

I'd recommend the Nagler 6-3mm zoom as well as BGOs. As well as others, I have 9mm bgo, 8mm radian, 7mm bgo and then 6-3mm zoom. covers everything

Woosh! Just like that another £600 jumped out of the bank account :huh:

6-3 zoom is on the wish list and i think I could live without the 9mm and 7mm. Haven't managed to track down a second hand zoom yet but I'm sure one will pop up one day.

I have only just twigged that the "BGOs" that you speak of are not made by TeleVue, despite being black and green.

Are these Baader Genuine Orthotics, and if so, how do they differ from the current crop which have white branding instead of green?

I am looking for some higher power and my current highest is the 8mm TV Plossl - do these come in shorter focal lengths than that?

Baader Genuine Orthoscopics.  Orthotics is what you put in your shoes (other than feet) :D

And yes, they are those.

The new Baader Classic Orthos are apparently very similar, though manufactured in China rather than Japan (I believe) and in a different range of focal lengths.  I have a feeling that the longest focal length BCO isn't even strictly an orthoscopic eyepiece, but I may well be wrong there.  They also have a slightly different design to the top and eyecups.  The story goes that Baader lost their manufacturer in Japan due to the tsunami and then took a very long time finding someone in China who could produce replacements which may not be to exactly the same spec as regards glass and coatings.  How much of that you believe is up to you :)  The BCOs are by all accounts decent eyepieces for the money.  The BGOs are still held in good regard however, at least by people who don't need glasses for observing.  The shorter focal lengths have eye relief measured in Planck lengths.

James

:icon_redface::lol:

Thanks for the info - on balance I think the 3-6mm TV Zoom is the way to go in view of what I already have.

I'm rubbish at this game - I just pulled the trigger on an Explore Scientific 82° N2 4.7mm.

I'm off to the Caribbean in a couple of weeks from now with my C6 and wanted something decent in the case for high power in case the skies are fabulously dark. Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :evil:

If this works out I might have a few TV Plossls for sale in a few weeks from now to fund more of the ES N2's.

Edited by DRT

For the record, the Hutech Orthos which FLO range are basically identical to the old BGOs. I think the BCO's were a cost down version although optically still excellent. John did a review on them which will be somewhere on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk