Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Winter solstice !

cotterless45

I did see Venus this am at 06:00 although it was very misty and raining!

At least with the Winter Solstice, we can now look forward to longer days and the promise of the return of Spring in due course after we've got Winter out of the way. 

Chris

10:23PM tonight the Northern hemisphere's Pole will be pointed furthest away from the sun the maximum extent.  After that light nights are on the way!

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/december-solstice.html

Agreed, terrible, terrible, astro weather.  Second year running my M31 and M33 projects been bombed by incessant cloud, grey and rain and look no immediate end in sight.  Looks like project to cover the whole of Orion is doomed yet again.

12 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

10:23PM tonight the Northern hemisphere's Pole will be pointed furthest away from the sun the maximum extent.  After that light nights are on the way!

Thats depressing. The nights are getting lighter and I've done almost  no imaging........

Weve had truely appaling weather for adtro in. Scarborough.  Cloud cloud n more cloud.   Thoroughly fed up.  This year due that and work ive done 1 solar session and seen venus with the st80 from the bedroom recently.   

I've spent a fair bit of time this year in darkest Galloway and although there has been some half decent nights there has not been the clear clear nights that I have witnessed, maybe just a case of bad timing. As for here  in West Yorkshire its just dull, rain, wind, cold, sleet, dull, rain, although I may not have that order just right. Have a good Xmas folks and a clear skies for 2019.

Archived