Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Cambridgeshire

FZ1

Hi All,

I am returning to the hobby after a short break (well, 41 years actually!) but I've already learned a huge amount about modern equipment, techniques and tips from lurking on the forum for a few weeks.  It seems like an invaluable resource for info and I'm hoovering-up advice & guidance at present.

After reading lots of info on here about scopes, I have just got myself a second hand Skymax 150 and hope to get to grips with it in the coming weeks.  My main interest is visual observation, but I hope to have a crack at imaging in the future when I get a bit more time to work out what its all about!

As a result of the aforementioned "short break", I am effectively a complete beginner again, so apologies in advance for all the newbie questions.

I look forward to learning a lot here and (hopefully) in-time, giving something back.

Cheers,

Jon

Welcome to SGL, Jon! There are astronomy societies / clubs in St Neots, Papworth, Cambridge and Peterborough. The Widescreen Centre based in Sutton near Ely also holds reasonably regular observing evenings if you get on their mailing list. 

Hello Jon and a warm welcome from a total noob.Im in east herts and also looking for astronomy clubs.ive been doing loads of research into buying my 1st scope.luckily for me the wife is also very interested in this amazing hobby.

There is certainly tons to learn amd research.

Look forward to seeing you around on the forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived