SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/07/2018 at 21:05, Gina said:

It's my birthday today and nobody has given me any money!! ?

Happy Birthday @Gina, sorry it’s a bit late, but best wishes all the same. Hope you had a good day, regardless of wedges of money in brown envelopes.

• 1 month later...
On 27/07/2018 at 17:17, adyj1 said:

I wondered whether the stepper motor would freewheel if no power was applied, perhaps aloowing you to manually adjust focus with the focus knob at the other end of spindle. 

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks, 

Ady

Hi, Pavle aka deep.sky.dad here :) 

Yes, it can be freewheeled if no power is applied. You can configure "always on" option in ASCOM settings (if its unchecked, motor is not powered, unless autofocus is in progress).

Best regards,

Pavle

2 hours ago, sunka said:

Yes, it can be freewheeled if no power is applied. You can configure "always on" option in ASCOM settings (if its unchecked, motor is not powered, unless autofocus is in progress).

Best regards,

Pavle

Thanks Pavle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

There is quite some interest in the focuser with hand controller. I was thinking about it and making cable hand controller is more expensive hardware wise and would increase the price.

So i had a different idea - what if the hand controller would be via phone? Focuser would act as access point, you connect the phone to it and open the hand controller in browser on specific IP. Thoughts?

Best regards,

Pavle

1 hour ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

There is quite some interest in the focuser with hand controller. I was thinking about it and making cable hand controller is more expensive hardware wise and would increase the price.

So i had a different idea - what if the hand controller would be via phone? Focuser would act as access point, you connect the phone to it and open the hand controller in browser on specific IP. Thoughts?

Best regards,

Pavle

Sounds an excellent simple solution Pavle ?

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:54, sunka said:

Best regards,

Pavle

Do you not run the risk of the motor becoming a generator and possibly causing damage?

23 minutes ago, iapa said:

Do you not run the risk of the motor becoming a generator and possibly causing damage?

I hope I understood your question correctly - if you mean BEMF, it is handled with the stepper driver. Heat-wise it is also not an issue, because I lower the current while the motor is only holding the position.

Generally, it is quite common use case, for example telescope mounts also power the motors even when not moving.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, sunka said:

Yes, it will work on any device, because it is browser based. You can use it on mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc. You will just have to connect to the wifi SSID "DSD - Autofocuser" and browse to the http://autofocuser.local

That is it :)

Good work Pavel  when do you expect finished product to be ready ?

Archived