Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep21_banner.thumb.jpg.d744e66b98367f1c5d57b7966c303f1b.jpg

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Thanks! I’m doting. Thought it was €99, maybe I done the conversion into £ and rounded it down (man maths) ?

Original price 99 without adapter 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/07/2018 at 21:05, Gina said:

It's my birthday today and nobody has given me any money!! ?

Happy Birthday @Gina, sorry it’s a bit late, but best wishes all the same. Hope you had a good day, regardless of wedges of money in brown envelopes.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All connected and working now though did have problems connecting in apt, user error needed to shift and click to choose auto focuser. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 17:17, adyj1 said:

I wondered whether the stepper motor would freewheel if no power was applied, perhaps aloowing you to manually adjust focus with the focus knob at the other end of spindle. 

Can anyone confirm this? 

Thanks, 

Ady

Hi, Pavle aka deep.sky.dad here :) 

Yes, it can be freewheeled if no power is applied. You can configure "always on" option in ASCOM settings (if its unchecked, motor is not powered, unless autofocus is in progress).

Best regards,

Pavle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sunka said:

Hi, Pavle aka deep.sky.dad here :) 

Yes, it can be freewheeled if no power is applied. You can configure "always on" option in ASCOM settings (if its unchecked, motor is not powered, unless autofocus is in progress).

Best regards,

Pavle

Thanks Pavle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple of questions - which timing belt is needed, and does the 200P bracket work with the ED80 - looks like the same focuser?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

I have a couple of questions - which timing belt is needed, and does the 200P bracket work with the ED80 - looks like the same focuser?

 Same belt 87  see  this post https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/14962-power-focuser/?tab=comments#comment-150258

Edited by bottletopburly
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@bottletopburly thanks. I’m just debating whether to 3D print a holder! Now that I can see yours in action it looks straightforward. 

Edited by tooth_dr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mines on a 200 pds,  Alec has his on a ed80  same belt though ,

36 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

@bottletopburly thanks. I’m just debating whether to 3D print a holder! Now that I can see yours in action it looks straightforward. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

There is quite some interest in the focuser with hand controller. I was thinking about it and making cable hand controller is more expensive hardware wise and would increase the price.

So i had a different idea - what if the hand controller would be via phone? Focuser would act as access point, you connect the phone to it and open the hand controller in browser on specific IP. Thoughts?

Best regards,

Pavle

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunka said:

Hi all,

There is quite some interest in the focuser with hand controller. I was thinking about it and making cable hand controller is more expensive hardware wise and would increase the price.

So i had a different idea - what if the hand controller would be via phone? Focuser would act as access point, you connect the phone to it and open the hand controller in browser on specific IP. Thoughts?

Best regards,

Pavle

Sounds an excellent simple solution Pavle ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would agree, whilst i do most of it via APT, being able to stand at the scope and focus 'manually' with an app would be a good alternative

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:54, sunka said:

Hi, Pavle aka deep.sky.dad here :) 

Yes, it can be freewheeled if no power is applied. You can configure "always on" option in ASCOM settings (if its unchecked, motor is not powered, unless autofocus is in progress).

Best regards,

Pavle

Do you not run the risk of the motor becoming a generator and possibly causing damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, iapa said:

Do you not run the risk of the motor becoming a generator and possibly causing damage?

I hope I understood your question correctly - if you mean BEMF, it is handled with the stepper driver. Heat-wise it is also not an issue, because I lower the current while the motor is only holding the position.

Generally, it is quite common use case, for example telescope mounts also power the motors even when not moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI all,

In case you are interested - first HC test:

Best regards,

Pavle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

 Looking good Will it work on IOS  devices   @sunka 

Yes, it will work on any device, because it is browser based. You can use it on mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc. You will just have to connect to the wifi SSID "DSD - Autofocuser" and browse to the http://autofocuser.local

That is it :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sunka said:

Yes, it will work on any device, because it is browser based. You can use it on mobile phone, laptop, tablet etc. You will just have to connect to the wifi SSID "DSD - Autofocuser" and browse to the http://autofocuser.local

That is it :)

Good work Pavel  when do you expect finished product to be ready ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2018 at 15:02, bottletopburly said:

Good work Pavel  when do you expect finished product to be ready ?

Probably in a month or 2, a lot depends on weather for field testing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

A little update, there will also be a physical hand controller available as an extra:

IMG_3298.thumb.JPG.77601cfe5a2cd2d4274a1d616b64ef2b.JPG

 

Best regards,

Pavle

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pavle,

will this work with the existing autofocusers, or are you modifying that also, as i dont have a 3.5mm jack on my unit

thanks

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mikeyj1 said:

Hi Pavle,

will this work with the existing autofocusers, or are you modifying that also, as i dont have a 3.5mm jack on my unit

thanks

Mike

 If i am   correct this will be on the new autofocus unit yet to be released 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By hukay
      Bought this mount for a cheap price and I found out that there is something missing...maybe a gear???
      I need your expertise on where to get parts for my  mount or anyone who can 3D print the parts? 


    • By lkimber
      I know it may be a bit of a long shot but I'm looking to buy a HEQ5 Pro mount or an NEQ6 Pro or something similar. Preferably belt driven but not necessary as can happily modify it. Please let me know if you have anything! Thanks.
    • By Dippy
      Baader optical wonder solution is practically Isopropyl alcohol. Instead of £12 for a 70mL of it, buy a 1000 mL of Isopropyl alcohol for £22 (before pandemic it was only £5). They have also smaller bottles which will be cheaper of course. The Baader solution and Isopropyl alcohol don’t remove the toughest of fungi on optics, only a few of the less deep set ones can be treated with them. I have used both for cleaning eyepieces and on certain stage of cleaning several 8 to 12 inch mirrors. They both worked identical. When applied through an optical cleaning fabric, they remove ( dissolve) fatty oils and fingerprints on optical surfaces. I had cleaned a 12 inch mirror once which for some unknown reason had ice cream stain on it (cleaning followed standard operation procedure for cleaning coated aluminised mirrors).
    • By javaruba
      Hi folks,

      I just upgraded my main imaging scope to a Sky-Watcher Esprit 100Ed. I'm currently looking for ideas to attach my 60mm guide scope and mini-PC with Pegasus Powerbox on top of the main scope. Probably an additional plate might help help?
      Anyone mind sharing some pictures as a reference?

      Many thanks in advance.

      Jairo
    • By Andrew Bennett
      Hi
      I have a Skywatcher Newtonian telescope ( D:200, f:1000) The other day I noticed that the 'O' ring which was attached to the finder scope had broken.  After a bit of digging around, I obtained what I believe is the correct size replacement ( 1.5 mm thickness, 52mm internal diameter).  However, I can't see how it attaches to the finder scope !  Can anyone offer some guidance ?  Many thanks in advance.
      Andrew
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.