SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings from Germany

hazemIII

Hello :D,

I have bought new Olympus 10x50 DSP-I and it arrived yesterday. I have stayed on the roof from 10 pm to 4 am the next day. I have seen the following: 

stars: 

Pollux
Castor
Polaris
ZubenAshamali
ZubenAlgenubi
Regulus
Procyon
Capella
Arcturus
Albaldah (in sagittarri)
Plants: 

Venus
Saturn
Mars
Jupiter ans one moon
I didn't manage to see clusters,though 

I would say that my main problem is people mocking me here, when ever I look to the sky with binoculars ! Any advice How to handle that ? 

Here is a photo from last night 

WP_20180518_22_01_33_Pro.jpg

Hello Hazemlll, and welcome from the Netherlands nachbar. You allready know youre way in the sky. Nice list.

Now about people mocking, show them the moon and they buy a bino the next day.

Clear skies.

1 hour ago, Eastman said:

Hello Hazemlll, and welcome from the Netherlands nachbar. You allready know youre way in the sky. Nice list.

Now about people mocking, show them the moon and they buy a bino the next day.

Clear skies.

I had a sky chart :D 
It's a great idea to show them something! Thanks 

hey, welcome to SGL. Nothing wrong with a pair of binoculars, I had a pair for ten years before my first scope and I still use them a lot (also a pair a Olympus 10x50s) really good for clusters under dark skies.. Check out the binoculars forum on the observing section.

2 minutes ago, mark81 said:

hey, welcome to SGL. Nothing wrong with a pair of binoculars, I had a pair for ten years before my first scope and I still use them a lot (also a pair a Olympus 10x50s) really good for clusters under dark skies.. Check out the binoculars forum on the observing section.

I will check it out of course :D 
I couldn't be happier to see more stars and to close up a bit to the planets, but people mocking me was a little bit annoying. For me, The new binoculars are wonderful aid for my eyes :D 

Herzlich Willkommen!

we are a very international bunch over here. My suggestion would be to show those who are making fun of your hobby M31 or M42. It will leave them speechless...

Schöne Grüße

Frank

Hi from UK via Hong Kong

i just had a great Milky Way photo session last week at Sankt Peter-Ording and just outside Bremen, great dark locations

Binos are great, am looking out for a pair of Celestron myself

Hi & welcome to SGL.

I spent my first 30 years as a stargazer with nothing more than a pair of 7*50 binoculars. I still like to get them out when the main scope is taking images and just "cruise the sky" with them, and I still stumble across things I did not know existed. Those memories stay with you long after the mocking voices of those who don't understand have faded from memory.

Hello, and welcome to The Best Astronomy Forum on planet Earth.
Enjoy yourself, and make some friends too, folks here are very helpful, and always willing
to help and advise, so If you need help, just ask.
And just for the record, If anyone mocks anyone here, they will be in serious trouble,
Best Wishes.

23 hours ago, hazemIII said:

Hello :D,

I have bought new Olympus 10x50 DSP-I and it arrived yesterday. I have stayed on the roof from 10 pm to 4 am the next day. I have seen the following: 

stars: 

Pollux
Castor
Polaris
ZubenAshamali
ZubenAlgenubi
Regulus
Procyon
Capella
Arcturus
Albaldah (in sagittarri)
Plants: 

Venus
Saturn
Mars
Jupiter ans one moon
I didn't manage to see clusters,though 

I would say that my main problem is people mocking me here, when ever I look to the sky with binoculars ! Any advice How to handle that ? 

Here is a photo from last night 

If you mean people mock you whilst you are observing the sky, my advice is to simply ignore them.
They are the ones who should be pitied, they don't know what they are missing.

Hello and welcome to SGL, I started out with binoculars, it's a great way to find your

way around the night sky, the Binocular Sky newsletter is well worth downloading, it

gives you lots of great targets for the month ahead, hope you enjoy your time with us.

Clear Sky's.

3 hours ago, ronl said:

Hello and welcome to SGL, I started out with binoculars, it's a great way to find your

way around the night sky, the Binocular Sky newsletter is well worth downloading, it

gives you lots of great targets for the month ahead, hope you enjoy your time with us.

Clear Sky's.

I got my binoculars based on their recommendations :D
Really, The binocular sky website was my indication of how people act in the astronomy community and how connected people are. I decided to up my budget from cheap 20 euro binos to the Olympus, because I knew I can find help and motivation in such a community. 

Thanks for the recommendation, @ronl

Archived