Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M104 aka Sombrero Galaxy in LRGB

codeman

Took this M104 aka the Sombrero Galaxy during my lest year visit to Namibia (April 2017).
M104 is quite a small object for an F3.6 telescope but since it is very difficult to photo this object from my country I decided to take some photos. Hope you like it 

Photo details:
6 x 10Min Luminance in BIN1 = 1 Hour
25Min for each RGB in BIN2 = 75Min
Total Expo: 2:15 Hours

Hardware used:
Telescope: ASA 12'' F3.6 Astrograph
Mount: ASA DDM85 Mount
Camera: FLI8300 with Astrodon filters
You can also check my other versions of this Galaxy in my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/101543943@N04/

M104-LRGB_Crop.thumb.jpg.831e6923b51d387b9144de0ed57ff738.jpg

M104-LRGB_Crop-Ver02.thumb.jpg.4898379aeed362255c8c8d9b4e5fa693.jpg

Thanks for watching,
Haim Huli

Like @pipnina, I love zooming in on these sort of excellent and clear images to find fuzzies all over it. I've counted about a dozen in this picture. Also, the 4 stars to right are a delight. Well done on a cracking image, I love it. 

Nice.

(The F ratio has nothing to do with the image scale, though. It's only the focal length which matters. Since the Sombrero is so bright a fast F ratio is rather wasted on it but it doesn't do any harm, of course.)

Olly

Edit: And yes, the starfield is fabulous!

Could we tilt the earth... just for a few hours when the sky is clear. This galaxy is not on the high price market in Sweden. This galaxy was one of the reasons that I started a 500 year old interest... well since childhood as many others and finally could afford it.  I have just bought a remote earth tilt control and pressing button [Tilt optimized].

Can you see me carrying my gear outside.. I am jealous codeman. :)

It can  be reached from here for a litttle while in low horizon. Nice shot I love it :)

Archived