NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Messier 104 - The Sombrero Galaxy (with the power of Family!!!) 😁

PRE-READ: Everything was made possible by me(17), with the help of My Brother(16) and My Father and My Mother. It was a combined effort ofc!

Β 

Equipment:

Telescope - Celestron Nexstar 8SE with f/6.3 SCT Focal Reducer on an Alt-Az Mount

Alignment - Standard Three Star SkyAlign

Camera - Canon EOS 600D/ T3i (used a Canon T-Ring and T-Adapter to mount it to the OTA.)

Software Used to Capture Light Frames - APT

Processing Softwares - Siril, Photoshop 2023

Total Light - ~40mins

LIght Frames - 6s x 400 decent frames at ISO1600 (took 500 but DSS rejected 100 of 'em)

Dark Frames - 6s x 60 decent frames at ISO1600

Β 

So Hey Guys, This is my first attempt at another galaxy after my failed M31 attempt back in October of 2023. I guess it turned out pretty well for a Newb like me lolπŸ˜…. My area has two big Mercury Lights and they were a lot of hindrances, but they turned off one night somehow and I knew it was a signal. The area I live in has a Bortle 7-8 sky (Pretty Harsh!), so had to deal with a lot of noise. But I somehow managed it. The processing is still off and I can see it, you can too, (talking about those clouds, idk how they got there, I think Siril is at fault). But since it's the Galaxy Season - I will get a lot of chances till Early June. So Yeah that's pretty much it. I hope I will have lots more to show to you guys.

Β 

Thanks and Sayonara~

Edit: The Third Photo is processed solely with Adobe Photoshop 23 and minimal use of SiriL for Background Extraction with very high count, Used a low count for other.

PS: My brother aligned the scope. I did everything tech related, and My Dad and Mom were there with us for the Moral Support😀😀😀

M104-FINAL-PS-HC.png

M104-FINAL-PS-HC-CROPPED.png

M104-1600ISO.png

Edited by AdityaR
Forgotton Point. Better Formatting.
  • Like 10