NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dual TEC140s...

ollypenrice

Hmmmm. Mr O'Donoghue has a TEC140 and half a Mesu, shared with me. I have a TEC140 as well. It has to be worth considering, right?  So we're considering it! We've been imaging galaxies at 0.9"PP in my TEC this week and finding the results very pleasing. (These are in the pipeline awaiting final captures and processing.) Physically, though, this really would be a bit of a beast and not to be taken lightly.

To be continued (or abandoned!)

Olly

18 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Hmmmm. Mr O'Donoghue has a TEC140 and half a Mesu, shared with me. I have a TEC140 as well. It has to be worth considering, right?  So we're considering it! We've been imaging galaxies at 0.9"PP in my TEC this week and finding the results very pleasing. (These are in the pipeline awaiting final captures and processing.) Physically, though, this really would be a bit of a beast and not to be taken lightly.

Olly

It has to be done, do it. :thumbsup:

29 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

If I could have another 'big birthday' I'd seriously consider a dual Esprit 150 setup.

Past a certain age, every birthday is a BIG birthday.

Fill your boots!!

You too Olly ?. If nothing else, the photos of the setup alone will be cracking marketing material.

Paul

1 hour ago, steppenwolf said:

I wouldn't hesitate - the mount can handle it easily but can you find another Cassidy or will the alternative (JTech?) do the job? If I could have another 'big birthday' I'd seriously consider a dual Esprit 150 setup.

We see two options, Steve. The first might be to go with a CMOS camera with smaller pixels and larger chip than the Atik 460 next to it, in which case we might get full overlap of the 460 without an adjuster. (I guess the TEC tube rings will be very accurate.) Alternatively we'd use the Cassady plate for the TECs and buy the FLO alternative to carry the Twin Taks.

Olly

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

The first might be to go with a CMOS camera with smaller pixels and larger chip than the Atik 460 next to it, in which case we might get full overlap of the 460 without an adjuster.

I rather like this option as it would be a great opportunity to give CMOS a good run for its money as I think the technology has 'matured' sufficiently recently and it removes an extra level of complexity - i.e. the alignment of the two instruments

4 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

We see two options, Steve. The first might be to go with a CMOS camera with smaller pixels and larger chip than the Atik 460 next to it, in which case we might get full overlap of the 460 without an adjuster. (I guess the TEC tube rings will be very accurate.) Alternatively we'd use the Cassady plate for the TECs and buy the FLO alternative to carry the Twin Taks.

Olly

That was my thinking Olly regarding the adjustment plates....... for sure the JTD will hold the 106's...... it would be interesting to see how they held the TEC's.

19 hours ago, whipdry said:

Mine only cost £25.00 in materials plus the dovetail clamp and it not only goes up and down / left and right it tilts in the horizontal :grin:

Dave :icon_santa:

On 12/23/2017 at 10:27, Dinglem said:

It will be visually pleasing :icon_biggrin:

Olly I think we should charge 5 euros for people to come and see it, 10 to get up real close, even into the obsevatory, to help fund this :icon_biggrin:

I m all in to try this. It would be super, especially given the recent data that we captured. As Olly said, more to come from those.

Tom.

On 23/12/2017 at 11:18, ollypenrice said:

Olly

Hoping to see that data soon! ☺

Archived