NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What did the postman bring?

nightfisher

1 hour ago, SuburbanMak said:

Nice - would love an update on if the 2inch visual back actually delivers a wider FoV, have seen conflicting reports on this topic. 

Common sense suggests the fov shouldn't get wider because the rear ota hole size isn't increased and the focal length including the reducer adapter will be a little longer. However I'm probably wrong... 🙄

Unfortunately I was struck down by covid the day of that post so have missed some decent days and nights to test. The family are holding me prisoner in the bedroom! 🤕

Edited by ScouseSpaceCadet
  • Sad 5

Just now, DrMike said:

Get well soon. Lots of tea and jammie dodgers will help as well as lots of Astro books👍🏻

Been too ill to concentrate on reading or anything else. Cough and chest has not been too bad but feel like I had the bejeezes knocked out of me. Dizzyness, aching legs, extreme fatigue, fever, shivers, night sweats, slightly abnormal oxygen and high blood glucose. ☹️ Feeling slightly better today. I'm thankful for three vaccine jabs. Imagining the potential illness effects without that protection makes me shudder.

Thanks for the good wishes. 👍

• Sad 7

24 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Common sense suggests the fov shouldn't get wider because the rear ota hole size isn't increased and the focal length including the reducer adapter will be a little longer. However I'm probably wrong... 🙄

Unfortunately I was struck down by covid the day of that post so have missed some decent days and nights to test. The family are holding me prisoner in the bedroom! 🤕

Get well soon friend 🙂

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Having recently "saved" some money by not switching from my current Baader Neodymium skyglow filter to the Optolong L-Pro, I've decided instead to complete (yes really) my eyepiece collection with this Explore Scientific 82° 8.8mm. It will nicely fill the gap between the 14mm and the 6.7mm.

P1060291.thumb.JPG.328b9f901c5bf68cc9f8a3cb099082d1.JPG

• Like 11

4 hours ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Been too ill to concentrate on reading or anything else. Cough and chest has not been too bad but feel like I had the bejeezes knocked out of me. Dizzyness, aching legs, extreme fatigue, fever, shivers, night sweats, slightly abnormal oxygen and high blood glucose. ☹️ Feeling slightly better today. I'm thankful for three vaccine jabs. Imagining the potential illness effects without that protection makes me shudder.

Covid is foul, still fatigued after three months. Get well soon, hope you make a full recovery! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the good wishes. 👍

Hope you get well soon @ScouseSpaceCadet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dizzyness, aching legs, extreme fatigue, fever, shivers, night sweats, slightly abnormal oxygen and high blood glucose.

Similar to covid these are also symptoms of Takanitus as well, so get yourself an FC100 and I'm sure you will pick up soon.

Joking aside, I tested positive the other month myself and you have my full sympathy, it was awful. Get well soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Franklin said:

Similar to covid these are also symptoms of Takanitus as well, so get yourself an FC100 and I'm sure you will pick up soon.

Joking aside, I tested positive the other month myself and you have my full sympathy, it was awful. Get well soon.

Do you have any astronomical recommendations for post wisdom tooth surgery soreness? 😣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, OK Apricot said:

Do you have any astronomical recommendations for post wisdom tooth surgery soreness? 😣

Take several Ethos a month, you will feel far better, but your bank account may not 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Super fast service from FLO (and the postman) - I ordered this yesterday and it arrived this morning!

IMG_20220402_092700465-01.jpeg.f56aed6ebc4dde512cda4ec55f248e7b.jpeg

A BST Starguider 15 mm. It bridges a bit of a gap in my fixed FL eyepieces, so hopefully I'll get along with it 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, rojay said:

Super fast service from FLO (and the postman) - I ordered this yesterday and it arrived this morning!

IMG_20220402_092700465-01.jpeg.f56aed6ebc4dde512cda4ec55f248e7b.jpeg

A BST Starguider 15 mm. It bridges a bit of a gap in my fixed FL eyepieces, so hopefully I'll get along with it 

This and the 5mm are my favourites in this brand. A superb eyepiece.

• Like 2

On 01/04/2022 at 12:12, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Get well soon Scouse! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not strictly the postman as I drove up to London to collect this Revelation/GSO 10”f5, but incredibly excited to get first light on this later - Telrad & 9x50 fitted, novice collimation attempted and even the fan works! Can’t wait. 

76E6D3CB-64A6-4F34-8ECB-4BFB62FEFEBC.jpeg

• Like 18

4 hours ago, SuburbanMak said:

Not strictly the postman as I drove up to London to collect this Revelation/GSO 10”f5, but incredibly excited to get first light on this later - Telrad & 9x50 fitted, novice collimation attempted and even the fan works! Can’t wait. 

I have almost the same scopes and mount as you, and I'm also wondering about getting a Dob light bucket, so I'd be very interested to hear how you get on with this compared with the Mak and refractor.

• Like 3

On 29/03/2022 at 18:46, HollyHound said:

Arrived yesterday from @Second Time Around, thank you 😃

Baader 2” BBHS Mirror Diagonal.

This should allow me to maximise my large field stop eyepieces (XW40/30) for widest possible field in my FS-60CB and Mewlon 180 👍

7DD8DFD6-EBE8-4623-A018-45DEABE2CD0B.jpeg

A question on this if I may: Does the Baader 2“ BBHS Mirror Diagonal have a larger light path /internal diameter than other 2“ diagonals? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, badhex said:

A question on this if I may: Does the Baader 2“ BBHS Mirror Diagonal have a larger light path /internal diameter than other 2“ diagonals? 

Hi... not sure if it's larger than all other 2" diagonals, but certainly larger than my other Baader 2" diagonals.... it has a massive 47.5mm clear aperture, so it should work well with my Pentax XW 40 (field stop 46.5mm) 👍

See my post at the end of this thread.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HollyHound said:

Hi... not sure if it's larger than all other 2" diagonals, but certainly larger than my other Baader 2" diagonals.... it has a massive 47.5mm clear aperture, so it should work well with my Pentax XW 40 (field stop 46.5mm) 👍

See my post at the end of this thread.... 

Thanks! It certainly seems like with some others (I have both a Revelation and Skywatcher dialectric) there is often an inner sleeve of a couple of mm, or a baffle of sorts, but it seems a bit tricky to track down clear aperture measurements for comparison. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badhex said:

Thanks! It certainly seems like with some others (I have both a Revelation and Skywatcher dialectric) there is often an inner sleeve of a couple of mm, or a baffle of sorts, but it seems a bit tricky to track down clear aperture measurements for comparison. 

Baader have all the technical specs on their website, but yes for other manufacturers, this information can be hard to track down 🤔

• Like 2

On 02/04/2022 at 18:13, SuburbanMak said:

I hope this lives up to its name and Reveals a lot, nice size a 10" Dob

• Like 1