SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Newbie from U.S.A.

doc_cj

Howdy ... 

I'm re-entering the hobby of stargazing, I'm still too new to call myself an astronomer, so I'm just a looker.  :-) , and I'm looking for a bit of an international view (pun intended) of the hobby. I use an Orion SkyQuest XX14g in South Carolina and enjoy both DSOs and objects closer to home. I look forward to reading the various news, views and opinions on the site. 

11 hours ago, doc_cj said:

Howdy ... 

I'm re-entering the hobby of stargazing, I'm still too new to call myself an astronomer, so I'm just a looker.  :-) , and I'm looking for a bit of an international view (pun intended) of the hobby. I use an Orion SkyQuest XX14g in South Carolina and enjoy both DSOs and objects closer to home. I look forward to reading the various news, views and opinions on the site. 

Hi doc_cj and welcome to the forum. Hope your skies are clearer than ours have been in Scotland over the past year. If they have, then send some nice weather over here please :) 

Jim

Hi, doc. Welcome to SGL.  I'm one state west of you in Georgia! You'll love the global vibe here. Lots of knowledge, wisdom and friendly folk in the lounge. Where will you be for the August eclipse? 

Clear skies,

Reggie :hello:

Welcome from West Texas . Weather certainly has been different this yr. More cloudy skies than usual but mainly alot of high wind all year . Usually that's just March coming in like a lion and leaving like a lamb , but seems the lion isn't planning to leave soon . Even nights have been 15-30 mph wind all night . 

Archived