NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Teesside

geoff78

A quick hello from Teesside.

Thought I'd join your forum as I will more than likely be needing advice after switching/upgrading from my Skywatcher 300p solid tube Dob, to a 8" Quattro and NEQ6 pro.

I really would like to try my hand at some AP.  I understand that the Quattro isn't the easiest of scopes to work with, but I like tinkering anyway.  Slowly acquiring the bits and bobs that will hopefully allow me to take my first images (as funds allow).

Current kit:   SW Quattro 8" steel tube,  NEQ6 pro mount,  Orion 50mm guide scope,  Opticstar PX-125C guide camera,  Canon 5D Mk1 unmodified & T ring adapter

Wish list:   SW f4.0 coma corrector,  SW ST80 to use as guide scope,  Proper guide camera, Polemaster,  And I'm sure the list will go on and on :-)

Welcome Geoff, 

In my humble opinion you have the basis of the kit required to have some success at imaging, although the Quattro may be a bit more of a challenge than a refractor would be.

If you haven't gleaned this bit of info already, most imagers swear by the book 'Making Every Photon Count' by Steve Richards, a well respected Astrophotographer and a regular contributor to SGL. It will set you on the right path and pay for itself many times over by helping you to make wise purchasing decisions. It's available from FLO, not many second hand copies come up for sale, so there's a mark of it's value.

Clear Skies

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Archived