NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My wife has insisted that I cannot image tonight :-(

steppenwolf

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

She has a point though ......

How deep is it now ? Enquiring minds need to know ! Try to sneak another image please :)

I have been lucky, far to the West of Steve and a bit East of Gina it has been crystal clear all evening/night till about midnight when clouds rolled in, no precipitation at all, chilly to the feet though - must put in a req. for some furry boots I think.

On 12/01/2017 at 18:25, SilverAstro said:

He he ! nice one, but point of order sir - if that aint an image I dunno !? Mind she doesnt catch you :)

Good point but 'twas her wot took the picture ........

On 12/01/2017 at 18:58, Pompey Monkey said:

Which surely make this Sirius!

Indeed and as you can see, I even have Sirius B just visible to the top right .....

On 12/01/2017 at 19:03, SilverAstro said:

Bit of a nasty gradient near the bottom, some amp glow middle bottom as well perhaps ?

She should have used a cooled CCD camera not her DSLR camera ........

19 hours ago, SilverAstro said:

How deep is it now ? Enquiring minds need to know ! Try to sneak another image please :)

This morning shot shows that we didn't fare too badly in the end. I could even have done some imaging but there was this really bright silver disk in the sky!

snow_morning.png

The newly discovered Brain and spinal column nebula, and just below and slightly right of this is the Lungs and trachea planetary nebula.

Always something new to 'discover'.

5 hours ago, daz said:

P.S. Don't tell her I said that - will you???

I have shown this thread to Jane - apparently, she is really looking forward to catching up with you at the end of March, @daz

Archived