Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol 10-9-16 11.45 150th disc

xtreemchaos

well where to start, seeing is poor to fair, cloud is allmost 99%, but carnt complane this is my 150 disc this year so i had to try and get something, 150 was the goal i set myself in January so every disc i get from now is a bonus. kit- 120mm f5 frac, 1.5x barlow, lunt solar wedge, 1200d in mono and 1:1 crop mode. 38 frames staxed with regi and adjusted in photoshop and topaz.  thanks for looking and hope you have clear sky and good seeing.  charl.

mono

sol 10-9-16 11.50 m.png

coloured

sol 10-9-16 11.50col.png

invert

sol 10-9-16 11.50 inv.png

coloured invert

sol 10-9-16 11.50 inv 2.png

crop

sol 10-9-16 11.50crop 1.png

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks Dave, shooting from indoors do have its advantages like been setup all the time, not having to polar aline everyday, warm and out of the wind mostly ect, disadvantages range and sometimes a bit of detail with having to shoot sol before its climed too high. my next goal is 175. clear skys charl.

Congratulations ... you're definitely well enough obsessed to be aiming higher though . but be warned the last couple of months when it's hanging low in the sky on those short days will send you mad if you're not careful ... :happy6:

On my 2014 'shot a day' quest it dominated everything , to the extent that the first things out of the van every day on site were mount , 'scope and laptop , tools came very much second in the workplace in Nov/Dec ... got some very strange looks but worth it as I ended the season with 311/365 ... :happy8:

29 minutes ago, Steve Ward said:

hanging low in the sky

thanks Steve, i know what you mean "obsessed" im deff past that mate :happy7:, yer all my sols are low in the sky ,the darn window frame wont let me go high. winters my best time for sol, i get up to 5 hours when its in range.  clear skys ,charl. 

Archived