2. Dark sky
    • Orion Optics VX12 1/10pv F4 Dob
    • Celestron C11
    • Orion Optics VX6L 1/12pv F8 Newt
    • Skywatcher ED120

I need to add a Tele Vue 60mm to both of those lists :evil:

2 minutes ago, DRT said:

Indeed. Full disk Quarking here I come :headbang2:

Will be great. I used to use a Tak FS-60C for exactly the same thing, very similar to the TV-60 and it works really well.

58 minutes ago, Stu said:

Another of those glaring gaps filled Derek ;), not so many left now!

Now all I need is a slow, large aperture Dob and I think I might have filled all the gaps.

Do OO UK make a VX48 F16, or do I have to go to BAE Systems for something with a name like that?

6 hours ago, DRT said:

Now all I need is a slow, large aperture Dob and I think I might have filled all the gaps.

Do OO UK make a VX48 F16, or do I have to go to BAE Systems for something with a name like that?

by my calculations, that would be 64 foot long.... I think you'd need your own crane to use that ?

Turns out i made a mistake on my booking should have booked the Saturday and Sunday night, but i thought i might add monday night turns i had booked sunday monday so added sat now doing 3 nights, now not so sure what scopes i will bring as i think the time has come to reduce down to one scope, i know i have been going on about it for ages but i only need one scope to image/view the moon

• 3 weeks later...

I am only going to be there for one of the nights now (Friday) so will be cutting down what I bring to four scopes (LOL).

• 6" f11 dob on equatorial platform doubles, planets etc 
  • 120ED for white light solar and night maybe
  • 100mm PSTAL mod for Ha solar
  • 60mm PST mod for whole disk Ha solar

I will though be leaving with a different 6" f11 newt and also a new to me 100mm F7 ED frac courtesy of Mark. Scopes often breed when they have a dirty weekend away.

40 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I am only going to be there for one of the nights now (Friday) so will be cutting down what I bring to four scopes (LOL).

I will though be leaving with a different 6" f11 newt and also a new to me 100mm F7 ED frac courtesy of Mark. Scopes often breed when they have a dirty weekend away.

Very strange - I will also be leaving with a 6" F11 Newt that I didn't bring with me :rolleyes:

I see you are planning on it being a very sunny day, Shane! :smile:

4 minutes ago, DRT said:

Very strange - I will also be leaving with a 6" F11 Newt that I didn't bring with me :rolleyes:

I see you are planning on it being a very sunny day, Shane! :smile:

Bizarre, I shall be leaving WITHOUT a 6" f11 which I did bring with me. The plot thickens ;) 

Although not part of the mob, I will be bringing my dob. 16" Sumerian, plus 4" F11 frac on an AZ-EQ6, for solar white light and lunar as it goes down in the evenings.

If FLO get a delivery of star 71 Mk2's between now and then I'll bring that too, providing I can bag one.

Oh, and various camera lenses for wide timelapsey type stuff.

14 hours ago, Moonshane said:

sounds like we will overlap, you leaving and us arriving, i should get there about lunchtime Saturday

If my annual pilgrimage to Kelling Heath 4 weeks beforehand yields clear skies and co-operative equipment I'll probably travel light and just bring the Astrotrac and a pair of binos.  If Kelling Heath is a wash out, I'll probably bring my whole wide field imaging rig (80ED + 66ED on HEQ5 Pro).

My 14" OO Dob, now with added push-to :grin:  (and a small step!)  A megrez 72 with a 70mm solar filter, plus a CaK filter, a white light filter and the Quark in a WO FLT98, alternating on an evolution mount.  And the little star adventurer and my DSLR (want to try some widefield/timelapse).  Mike will be bringing his Canon IS binos and we'll have the Vixen bug eye binos too :grin:

Helen

On 09/09/2016 at 20:23, Paul73 said:

I thought that we were without the regular Dob Mob for this outing?

Glad that there is at least one 18' coming!

Paul

On 09/09/2016 at 21:22, Jonk said:

Although not part of the mob, I will be bringing my dob. 16" Sumerian, plus 4" F11 frac on an AZ-EQ6, for solar white light and lunar as it goes down in the evenings.

If FLO get a delivery of star 71 Mk2's between now and then I'll bring that too, providing I can bag one.

Oh, and various camera lenses for wide timelapsey type stuff.

58 minutes ago, Helen said:

My 14" OO Dob, now with added push-to :grin:  (and a small step!)  A megrez 72 with a 70mm solar filter, plus a CaK filter, a white light filter and the Quark in a WO FLT98, alternating on an evolution mount.  And the little star adventurer and my DSLR (want to try some widefield/timelapse).  Mike will be bringing his Canon IS binos and we'll have the Vixen bug eye binos too :grin:

Helen

It looks like we may have a rival to the Original Dob mob forming here .

The Dob Mob Reserves will be in town by the looks of things?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, Who would like to see the worlds first meta-lens achromatic refractor?

The objective lens was designed by a University across the pond and a small group from  the University of Glasgow helped fabricate.

I'm hoping to borrow and bring it along but I should stress that the inside of the OTA has a vanta black coating which is so fragile I can't let anyone touch the scope as sudden knocks tend to dislodge the coating and leave a fine black powder on the inside of the lenses.

I'll have a CCD/CMOS attached and hopefully may get the first metalens DSO images up on the laptop.*

FYI

Aperture  exactly 92.1mm, focal length approx 506mm 
The scope is also sealed due to the hazards presented by vantablack.

*Or I could just look through the OTA myself and describe it to you  either way you'll think I'm jesus holding the cup of the covenant.WithBackground_JPG.jpg

6 hours ago, sennetor said:

Hi Guys, Who would like to see the worlds first meta-lens achromatic refractor?

The objective lens was designed by a University across the pond and a small group from  the University of Glasgow helped fabricate.

I'm hoping to borrow and bring it along but I should stress that the inside of the OTA has a vanta black coating which is so fragile I can't let anyone touch the scope as sudden knocks tend to dislodge the coating and leave a fine black powder on the inside of the lenses.

I'll have a CCD/CMOS attached and hopefully may get the first metalens DSO images up on the laptop.*

FYI

Aperture  exactly 92.1mm, focal length approx 506mm 
The scope is also sealed due to the hazards presented by vantablack.

*Or I could just look through the OTA myself and describe it to you  either way you'll think I'm jesus holding the cup of the covenant.WithBackground_JPG.jpg

Very interesting - would love to chat about it.. looks above you have a focusing model for different wavelengths.. 

Archived