Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

14-07-2016 Quark Chromosphere

Ewan

This is a 4 pane mosaic using the following equipment :-
AZEQ6 Mount, 152mm TecnoSky Refractor, Daystar Quark Chromosphere, DMK21AU618 Mono.
Best 20% from each capture of 2000 frames.
Seeing was probably the best i have seen for a while, captured more data with the IMX174 chip after the DMK but have yet to process that. Hope this ok & all the best.

Active Region 4 Pane Mosaic.jpg

Active Region False Colour 4 Pane Mosaic.jpg

8 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

outstanding Shots Ewan, cracking colour and detail mate, did you get your day in the sun today ?, its like venus here in south wales, ive been sulking all day :clouds1:, hope you have clear skys,  charl.

Charl, it started out sunny enough but I only capture the afternoon sun as the house is in the way ;-), no show today but still got data to process anyway.

Tomorrow been promised sun again, I hope it's cloudy all day & I cant image (that should help it be sunny now shhhhhh), glad you liked them.

Thanks Steve.

I did try out the PG IMX174 cam with a 2x Barlow & got some half decent results, a tweak on the capture settings & better seeing may give some hi res Ha images in the future, here's hoping.

Thanks for all the comments / feedback as always much appreciated.

AR2565 False Colour.jpg

AR2565.jpg

52 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Just the usual perfection Ewan, wouldn't expect anything less, have you settled on that colour scheme now ?

Dave

Yeah kind of Dave, to be honest I just process it on the day & stick with what looks ok.

Dave the one thing with Solar Imaging I have found is that previous settings never seem to work to the best they can with new data.

Every time I use IMPPG I save the Tone correction setting & then try using it on other data, not once have I done that & thought 'yeah looks good', I now just reset the Sigmas & start from ziltch, just seems to work better.

This weeks looking good Dave but don't blame me if it goes twits :-)

I don't have a lot of confidence in weather forecasters ability to forecast more than a few hours ahead if that, especially when the lady on Radio Kent is telling me it's dry with sunny periods while the rain is hammering on the windows :grin:

Dave

The active region shot was using the 1920 x 1200 Point Grey IMX174 sensor PLUS a cheap 2 x Barlow i had for ages, it shows promise for some future hi res Ha imaging maybe. Thanks for looking.

Start.png

Archived