Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First attemt with the Quark Chromosphere 2021-06-22

olawelin

This is my first attemts with the Quark Chromosphere on a WO FLT98 with IR cut filter. Camera Skyris 274M.

Seeing was not that great.

Got som Newtons rings that I will try to deal with later, tilting camera should work I hear, any other ideas for solving this?

The 2 pictures are from the same area but I turned the knob on the Quark halfway around on the second, that gives quite a different view as the filament almost disappears.

Stacked in Autostakkert, colored in PS.

Any solar experts out there with any ideas on what's the weakest component in my current setup that I should swap to get better images? I know the camera is getting old, maybe my stacking skills needs improvement? Mostly aiming for solar close-ups right now.

//Ola

video0006_lapl6_ap1597_conv_fix2.jpg

video0013_lapl6_ap1600_conv_fix2.jpg

• Like 6

Great! Can you, (or anyone else) recommend a camera that would be good for my setup.

I suspect buying the best one would be overkill, aiming for a bit better better than good enough would do it. Just to squeeze out the best from the optics.

Optics are WO flt98 with a quark, and a Lunt 80mm with 2.5 Barlow.

Thank you!

The first image is excellent. Nicely detailed and very evenly lit. Not over-sharpened. :thumbsup:
The second image shows lateral, off-band variations in brightness and detail.
I get exactly the same thing with my PST mod. Which demands frequent etalon retuning.

The ZWO ASI174MM is well regarded as a close up camera.
There are more expensive variations by other makers using the same Sony sensor.