Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter - Europa shadow transit 3/5/16

si@nite

Nice capture. Only really started to get mushy after 10am where I was. Up till then the views were pretty steady mostly. Stayed on till the shadow of Europa just got past the midway point on Jupiter. GRS was very easy to observe last night, until mushiness increased of course! Hehe! :) 

1 hour ago, neil phillips said:

Getting more difficult isn't it Simon. I had similar with the Orion, jet stream, and misty cloud, that killed trans down to 30fps

You still got some reasonable detail there. well done

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Hi Neil, yes its either one thing or another with Jupiter this time around, generally seeings been poor & Jetstream turbulence too make it difficult, but I think any decent chances now have all but gone, its noticeably getting dimmer now!

It's been a tough season Simon but this is an excellent result for below par seeing. Some nice detail in the wake and you have a lovely subtle colour tone to this image.

Pete  

Really nice capture Simon, love the smooth processing too, an all round excellent image. You still managed great focus on the moons and the detail of the GRS looks great too through what you say was mushy seeing.

Congrats

Archived