Hello from Harrow

Capricorn22

Hi

I've decided to dip my toe into astronomy, always been interested but never taken it further. Decided to start off with binoculars, and will develop the interest from there. I've used this forum to gather info, and as a result decided to take the plunge. Looking forward to see how far it takes me, there's a pun there me thinks.

looking forward to getting some kit and start gazing.

Martin

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the welcome, as I've mentioned, just need to purchase binoculars to start, being new to stargazing, I've combed the forums and decided to go for 10x50 opticrons adventure which seem to be highly recommended and to be honest about as much as I want to spend to start with.

Welcome to SGL Martin. It's a good idea to start off with bins before taking the plunge into more expensive gear. With conditions as they are it's much easier  to grab the bins whenever an opportunity arises. It's  also a good idea to take every opportunity to learn the night sky. It will save you time when you do get your scope. If you haven't  already, download  " Stellarium ", it's free and as many here would agree is a valuable resource. 

Good luck and clear skies 

Jason 

Hi Martin and welcome to SGL, perhaps a visit to the Baker Street Irregulars Astro Soc, might be of interest to you. They meet in Regents Park on a regular basis ( see their web sit for details ) and if I remember correctly, is only a tube ride from Harrow. Enjoy the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived