Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Will I ever see the sky again?

GrahamNW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/02/2016 at 00:09, Dave In Vermont said:

If it's of any comfort to know: We have the same thing happening here. Steady overcast mixed with snow and rain. It actually cleared out long enough for me to see Orion and Canis Major. Then 15 minutes later - all clouds again.

Yuck!

Dave

It is :wink2:

We always think it is just us in the UK who suffer bad weather...it isn't....though I think it is only Sara and Olly that have any consistently decent weather!

Same here, clear skies forecast for tonight. Unfortunately the app is also saying the sky is clear now, but a glance out of the window shows me nothing but clouds.

Perhaps I'm somewhere else, and not where I think I am? Now what's that theory about multiverses?

Eric.

Hi All.  Agree with every comment.  Not had a session of note since prob October.  The couple of chances that did pop up,  were hit out of the park by our friend, the  FULL moon. I like the moon normally - honest !!!

Tonite may be a chance.  I'm not holding my breath.  New kit also awaiting a proper shake down.  I'll be going outside for a few minutes about 7.30.  I am hoping to be a while, Capt Scott  !!!! 

Regards and good luck everyone.      John

Well, its a clear sky!   Mind you ive just come back home from 3 days away, and weve been to ash wednesday church so the likelyhood of me getting out there with a scope is =sqrt(-1).   The naked eye sky from the village just north of Scarborough wehere we went earlier, mind you, was awesome.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 13:59, gajjer said:

SAT24 site  http://en.sat24.com/en/eu seems to give a good indication. And I think there may be some gaps tonight.

cheers

gaj

That link's encouraged me to book a spot in a camp-site for tonight (not to camp, of course!). It's an hour's drive, so wish me luck!

My local weather forecast and cloudmap are promising a clear sky most of the night. The scope is already outside to cool down, but the wind is howling very hard and throwing wind casts. I'm a bit worried that the scope won't blow over. But I will give it a try tonight, but can't promise how long.

Archived